Survey of services John Perrott - APPGITA

Survey of services John Perrott - APPGITA

Barnsley PCT NO – I rang PALS who could not direct me to anyone that could help.

The DAT only deals with misuse.

Thank you for your email.

Please visit the link below for details of how to contact PALS.


Many thanks

Enquiries team

NHS Barnsley

Bedfordshire PCT NO

I am writing in response to your enquiry, I apologise for the delay in replying to you.

My colleague in the Medicines Management team has advised that NHS Bedfordshire do not

commission separate services for patients who have an addiction to prescription drugs.

However, you should discuss with your GP the issues you have with dependence and advise

him/her if you wish to stop taking these drugs. The GP should be able to start you on a

gradual dose reduction to help you come off these drugs. The local Shared Care service may

be able to offer support and advice to the GP on appropriate dose reductions.

Please let me know if you require any further information.


Diane Sollars

Public Liaison Officer

Public Engagement and Communications

NHS Bedfordshire

Berkshire East PCT and Berkshire West PCT NO

I have had a reply from the Pharmaceutical Manager at the PCT who has advised me that the

recommended route for this is to discuss and gain the clinical support of your GP.


Mrs Terry Pascucci

Patient Advice and Liaison Service Officer

Patient Experience Team

NHS Berkshire

Berkshire West PCT NO - See Berkshire

Bolton PCT NO, not at time of response

Dear John at the moment people taking that prescribed drug is under review a new model is

being developed and that will include support for a wider variety of clients

The alcohol and drugs service based at wood street Bolton may be able to provide

psychological support however the medical management for yourself will still come under

your GP hope this has been a help to you


Val pals officer Lever Chambers

Similar magazines