They are divided in :
( used before a noun)
I My Mine
You Your Yours
He His His
She Her Hers
It Its Its
We Our Ours
You Your Yours
They Their theirs
( never follow a noun)
Replace the personal pronouns by possessive adjectives.
1) Where are ___________ YOUR friends now? (you)
2) Here is a postcard from ____________ MY friend Peggy. ( I)
3) She lives in Australia now with __________family. HER
4) ___________ HER husband works in Newcastle. (She)
5) ___________ HIS company builds ships. (He)
6) ___________children THEIR
go to school in Newcastle. (They)
7) ___________ MY husband and I want to go to Australia, too.
8) We want to see Peggy and ___________ HER family next
9) ___________winter! OUR (We)
10) Because it is ___________ THEIR
a) This book is ____________ YOURS (you) .
b) The ball is ____________ MINE (I) .
c) The blue car is ____________ OURS (we) .
d) The ring is ____________ HERS (she) .
e) We met Paul and Jane last night. This house is
____________ THEIRS (they) .
f) The luggage is ____________ HIS (he) .
g) The pictures are ____________ HERS (she) .
h) In our garden is a bird. The nest is ___________ ITS (it) .
i) This cat is ____________ OURS (we) .
j) This was not my fault. It was ____________ YOURS
1. These grammar books are different. _______
has 278 pages, but _______ has only 275.
a) Yours, mine
b) Your, my
c) Yours, my
d) Your, mine
2. This bird has broken ________ leg.
3. Junko has already eaten his lunch, but I'm saving
________ until later.
4. Was ________ grammar book expensive?
5. Jody has lost ________ books.
6. We gave them ________ telephone number, and
they gave us ________.
a) ours, their
b) our, their
c) ours, theirs
d) our, theirs
7. ________ pencil is broken. Can I borrow
a) Mine, yours
b) Your, mine
c) My, yours
d) Yours, mine
8. ________ computer is a Mac, but ________ is a PC.
a) Your, mine
b) Yours, mine
c) Your, my
d) Yours, my
9. You can't have any chocolate! It's ________!
10. My telephone is out of order, but ________
See you !!!