2400W Quartz Heater
Model No: NGF-24DF
AFTER SALES SUPPORT:
AUS 1300 886 649 | NZ 0800 836 761
M O NTH
Important Safety Instructions
Please keep this instruction manual in a safe place, along with the warranty card, purchase
receipt and carton for future reference. The safety precautions enclosed herein reduce
the risk of fire, electric shock and injury when correctly adhered to.
• Read all instructions before using this appliance and keep them for future reference.
• Use only the voltage specified on the rating plate of the heater.
• Do not cover or restrict airflow to the inlet or exhaust grilles in any manner as the
appliance may overheat and become a fire risk.
• Do not cover grilles, block entry or exhaust of airflow by placing appliance against
any surface. Keep all objects at least 1 meter from the front, sides and rear of the
• Do not place appliance close to a radiant heat source.
• Do not operate in areas where gasoline, paint or other flammable liquids are used or
• This appliance heats up when in use. To avoid burns, do not let bare skin touch hot
surfaces. Switch off and use handles where provided when moving.
• Do not use the appliance to dry clothes.
• Do not insert or allow foreign objects or metal utensils to enter any ventilation or
exhaust opening, as this may cause an electric shock, fire or damage to the appliance.
• Do not immerse in liquid or allow to run into the interior of the appliance, as this
could create an electric shock hazard.
• Do not use this appliance on a wet surface, or where it can fall or be pushed into
• Do not reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Switch off at supply and
• Do not operate any appliance with a damaged cord, plug or after the appliance
malfunctions or has been dropped or damaged in any manner. Return to a qualified
electrical person for examination, electrical or mechanical adjustment, service or
• Do not operate appliance with wet hands.
• The most common cause of overheating is deposits of dust or fluff in the appliance.
Ensure these deposits are removed regularly by unplugging the appliance and vacuum
cleaning air vents and grilles.
• Do not use this appliance in a window as rain may cause electric shock.
• Do not use abrasive cleaning products on this appliance. Clean with a damp cloth
(not wet) rinsed in hot soapy water only. Always remove plug from the mains supply
• Do not connect the appliance to the mains voltage until completely assembled and
• This appliance is not intended for use in bathrooms, laundry areas and similar
outdoor and indoor locations.
• Do not use this appliance in the immediate surrounds of a bath, a shower or a
swimming pool or other liquids.
• Always operate on a flat horizontal surface.
• Switch off and use handles where provided when moving.
• Do not operate with cord set coiled up as a build up of heat is likely, which could be
sufficient to become a hazard.
• The use of an extension cord with this appliance is not recommended.
• Do not remove plug from power socket until the appliance has been switched off.
• Do not remove plug from power socket by pulling the supply cord - always grip plug.
• Always unplug appliance when not in use.
• CAUTION: This product is NOT suitable to be used on long pile carpets or flokati
• Do not allow cord to come in contact with heated surfaces during operation.
• Do not run cord under carpeting, throw rugs or runners etc. Arrange cord away
from traffic areas so that it will not be tripped over.
• Do not twist, kink or wrap the cord around the appliance, as this may cause the
insulation to weaken and split. Always ensure that all cord has been removed from
any cord storage area.
• Do not use outdoors or whilst standing on a damp floor.
• Do not store appliance while it is still hot.
• This appliance is not intended for use by young children or infirm persons without
• Young children should be supervised to ensure they do not play with the appliance.
• The appliance must not be located immediately below a socket-outlet.
• Do not use this appliance with a programmer, timer or any other device that
switches the heater on automatically, since a fire risk exists if the appliance is
covered or positioned incorrectly.
• The fireguard of this appliance is intended to prevent direct access to the heating
elements and must be in place when the appliance is in use.
• “WARNING: In order to avoid overheating, do not cover the heater.”
• To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not immerse or expose the product or
flexible cord to rain, moisture or any liquid other than those necessary for correct
operation of the product.
• The fireguard does not give full protection for young children and for infirm persons.
• If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by a qualified electrical person in
order to avoid a hazard.
• Do not use this appliance outdoors, or on wet surfaces. Avoid spilling liquid on the
• “CAUTION: In order to avoid a hazard due to inadvertent resetting of the thermal
cutout, this appliance must not be supplied through an eternal switching device, such
as a timer, or connected to a circuit that is regularly on and off by the utility”
• Use this appliance only as described in this manual. Any other use is not
recommended by the manufacturer and may cause fire, electric shock or injury.
• This appliance is intended for household use only and not for commercial or
• Never operate the appliance immediately below an outlet.
• Never connect the appliance to a thermal control device or a time switch to avoid
overheating risks when the radiator is moved or covered.
• WARNING: Do not attempt to open the Radiant Heater. No user accessible parts
inside. Please call our customer service number for any service issues.
• Warning: The heater must not be used if the glass panels are damaged.
• Instructions shall be provided for cleaning the reflector of this visibly glowing radiant
WARNING: This appliance gets extremely hot during operation and should be handled
with care. Never put flammable objects on or near the appliance as they could set alight.
Before first use
Read and follow all the instructions in this “Use and Care” even if you feel you are familiar
with the product, and find a place to keep it handy for future reference.
Your attention is drawn particularly to the sections concerning “IMPORTANT
SAFEGUARDS”, “OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS”, and “CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS”
statements, and the “WARRANTY” card.
For your convenience record the complete model number (located on the product
identification plate) and the date you received the product, together with your purchase
receipt and attach to the warranty and service information. Retain in the event that
warranty service is required.
NOTE: The rating of this product (as marked on the product identification plate) is based
on specific loading tests. Normal use or the use of other recommended attachments may
draw significantly less power.
Always choose a safe location for the heater, keeping in mind the safety precautions
outlined. Ensure that all packaging has been removed from the unit before use.
Place the heater on a level, hard and non flammable surface.
Plug the power cord into a suitable 220-240V ~ 50Hz wall outlet. The red indicator light
will come on to indicate that there is power to the unit or the unit is plugged in.
Power knob Function:
O Heating Power is not applied to unit
800W + Fan Provides approx 800W heat output with fan boost function
1600W + Fan Provides approx 1600W heat output with fan boost function
2400W + Fan Provides maximum 2400W heat output with fan boost function
Your heater is equipped with three heat settings .To achieve low heat output or 800W
of heat from your heater; turn the power knob to “800W” position . The middle element
will now glow. In this position, the element will glow continuously and for safety reasons
the thermostat can not be adjusted to switch it off.
To achieve medium heat output or 1600W, turn the thermostat control knob to the
maximum (fully clockwise) and turn the power knob to position “1600W”. The rear and
middle elements will glow, the front element will not.
To achieve full heat output or 2400W of heat, turn the power knob to position “2400W”
and the thermostat control knob to the maximum. Your heater is now running on full
power. All three element bars will now glow.
Note: Low heat output or 800 watts of heat can also be achieved by turning the power
knob to either position “1600W” and “2400W” and the thermostat control knob to
minimum (fully anticlockwise)
Your heater is also fitted with a thermostat. This is the large rotary knob situated below
the power knob. Your heater will maintain the desired room temperature you select
by turning the knob. By turning the knob clockwise you will maintain a warmer room
temperature. By turning the knob anti-clockwise your heater will maintain a cooler
desired room temperature.
When the desired room temperature is reached, turn the thermostat anticlockwise
until a “click” sound is heard. The thermostat will then automatically switch off the rear
element when the power knob is in position “1600W” and rear and front element s for
position “2400W”. For safety reason, the middle element will glow continuously.
If the room temperature drops below the desired comfort level, the thermostat will
automatically switch the rear element and the front element (for position “III” only) back
on and so forth, maintaining your desired comfort level.
Note: The thermostat will only operate when the heat switch is in position “1600W”
To heat your room faster your Heater is equipped with a fan boost feature. This increases
the amount and the speed of the air traveling over the elements, therefore heating the
room area faster. This feature will operate when power knob is turned to the desired
heat setting. All the heat settings have this feature.
Note: The “1600W” and “2400W” heat switches will not operate if the thermostat
setting is too low.
Hints when using the heater
A number of factors should be considered when using this heater.
• Maintain a clearance of at least 1m from the unit (during operation) to prevent
• This heater is not suitable to be used on long pile carpets or flokati rugs. Care
should be taken If the heater is used on short pile carpet, it is recommended to use a
thick piece of hardwood under the unit to prevent carpet from scorching.
• The heater should be placed at least 1m away from combustible material such as
paper bins, desks, curtains, long pile carpet (to prevent fire).
The heater requires regular cleaning to ensure trouble free operation:
• Unplug the heater from the mains supply before cleaning.
• Ensure that the heater has been allowed to cool down completely before cleaning.
• Use a damp cloth (not wet) to wipe the exterior of the heater to remove dust and
• Before cleaning the reflector, please remove the grill by unscrewing the four screws
at the front. The reflector body can be cleaned with a soft damp cloth, using a small
quantity of neutral detergent, taking care not to splash any water in the heater as
this can cause a short circuit or electric shock. Never use solutions such as benzene,
thinners or polishing agents. In order to get the maximum heat, the reflector must be
• Use a vacuum cleaner to remove dust and fluff from around the grilles.
• Ensure the heater is dry before plugging back into the mains supply.
CAUTION: DO DOT IMMERSE OR EXPOSE THE UNIT, CORD OR PLUG TO WATER
OR ANY OTHER LIQUID
If you do not plan to use the heater for extended periods of time, it is recommended that
the heater is cleaned and then stored (preferably in its original packaging) in a cool dry
Distributed by Tempo (Aust) Pty Ltd ABN 70 106 100 252
PO Box 6056 Frenchs Forest LC
Sydney, Australia NSW 2086
Telephone: (02) 9975 2199 Fax: (02) 9975 2688
Customer Helpline: 1300 88 66 49 (Aust) 0 800 836 761 (NZ)