VARIETY OF TEXT TYPES
1. Other texts can make the meaning of a
highlighted literary form more situated
2. Informative texts are taught along with
literary texts as a way to connect to
3. Informative texts in a theme-oriented
4. Maximization of various reading
strategies that cut across text types
Gumuhit siya ng ibon
Lumipad ito palayo.
Gumuhit siya ng isda,
Lumangoy ito sa hangin.
Gumuhit siya ng bulaklak
Nagkalat ang halimuyak sa dilim.
Iginuhit niya ang sarili
At inangkin siya ng kambas.
1. Concurrent addressing of dimensions
of language and literature teaching
2. Situated activities of language use
3. Allows more logical sequencing of
content and performance dimensions
4. Integration of technology and media
1. Due to the focus on the more contextspecific
use of language
2. Focus on more essential rather than
sequential aspects of grammar
3. Impetus to immediately address recurring
areas of difficulty in form-focused learning
Reviving a Teaching Structure
3. Controlled Practice
4. Individual Practice
5. Expansion/ Enrichment
and PALT in Focus
SUBMIT A PROPOSAL BY JULY 15!
• Paper reading (40 minutes)
• Teaching demonstration (60 minutes)
• Panel discussion (60 minutes)
CONTACT US FOR YOUR
TEACHER TRAINING NEEDS.
TRANSITIONING TO THE
K to 12 MTB-MLE PROGRAM
A CEAP-PALT Collaboration