TheexhibitionManorLife TArkæologi Trappe til 1. sal Room 6: •In noble hands •Squires in the reign Herregårdenes beboere Adelsvældens tid Room of absolutism Enevældens herremænd •Two family mansions To •Servants slægtsgårde Tyende sal butik Indretning Prydhaver Møblement Havekunst 6 Vægudsmyk- Havehistorie ning Belysning Arkæologiske fund b b Fæstegårde og hovbønder Landgilde Privilegier Hekseprocesser Jagt og fiskeri Studehandel Mejeridrift Møller Maren Bølles indkøb
In noble hands The reformation in 1536 caused a shift between the powers in Denmark. The church lost most of its property and did not play an independent political role any longer. Now the time of the nobility began. From the reformation and till the introduction of the absolute monarchy in 1661 it was prohibited to transfer land owned by the nobility to any other social class. Soenderskov Manor, which belonged to the Chapter of Ribe during the second half of the 15 th century, came into ownership of a number of noble families till 1720, when the first civil squire took over. In the middle of the 16 th century the locality Estrup (between Vejen and Broerup) is mentioned in the earliest historical sources as Estrup Manor. At that time Estrup was dower house for the noble widow Lene Rosenkrantz. At Estrup the period with exclusively noble owners came to the end in 1695, when the first civil squire appeared on the Timetable. During the period 1614-1647 Estrup and Soenderskov belonged to the same squire, as both manors were in the ownership of Thomas Juel. The timetable presents a general view of the noble owners from the reformation and forward.