(for details of club membership benefits see inside pages)
• 1st year individual
(includes 1 year membership & Intro Skills Course) $395
• 1st year family
(includes 2 x adults living at the same address) $745
• Extra Family Adults at same address
(Includes Intro Skills Course) $250
• Extra Children under 16 at same address
(includes Intro Skills Course) $199
• Annual renewal fee individual: $75
• Annual renewal fee family: $115
Sea Kayak Club
Come and join the fun!
Joining is simple just follow one of these steps:
Register today by calling 09 479 1002 or email
We will send you a registration pack, just fill it out and
send it back to us .
Alternatively pop into the shop and see one of our
expert and friendly staff.
Proudly Supported by:
Canoe & Kayak North Shore
& The Roof Rack Centre
20 Constellation Drive
09 479 1002
021 925 489
Training Courses, Club Trips,
Kayak Hireage & Great Friends
Club Membership Benefits
Come and join the best Sea Kayak Club in New
Zealand and experience the magic of Auckland’s
waterways and beyond.
The Auckland region is a hidden jewel in the crown of
New Zealand sea kayaking and we are blessed with
some of the best sea kayaking in the world; here are
just a few of our favourite trips:
• Visit Rangitoto, just an hour away from Takapuna
• Paddle up to the Albany Waterfall from Greenhithe
• Explore the Islands of The Mahurangi and Kawau
• Enjoy a family trip to The Historic Dacre Cottage,
bring the kids!
• A comprehensive 2 day training
course, all equipment provided
• Access to the network of club trips around the
• Affordable access to our Kayak Rental Fleet
• Subscription to New Zealand Kayak Magazine
• Weekly email newsletter
• Monthly club meeting
• In store discounts
• Heaps of great training courses at special club prices
and get on the water!!
Introductory Sea Kayak
(Inclusive of Membership to The Yakity Yak Sea Kayak Club)
A comprehensive course designed to cover the skills
required to become a technically correct and safe
paddler. The course is arranged in a progressive
manner to allow you to develop confidence and
techniques at an enjoyable pace with great end results.
Day One: Water Confidence, Rescues and
Meet at Northcote College heated pool (Kauri Glen
Rd – off Onewa Rd) You will learn how to enter & exit
a kayak and perform self and group rescues, all in the
warm waters of our heated pool.
After lunch (provided) we head to the sheltered waters
of Lake Pupuke in Takapuna. Here you will learn a full
range of paddle skills which will enable you to easily
propel and control your kayak.
Day Two: Trip Planning and On Water
We head off for a leisurely day’s paddle in the Auckland
area. You will learn about basic weather & navigation
skills, trip planning, communication, group management
and safety equipment & procedures. The day will
include lunch (provided) at a beautiful beach!
(course fees apply, please ask for more details)
• Eskimo Rolling – Learning to roll is great fun and
your friends will be impressed! Learn in the warm
waters of our heated swimming pool.
• Intermediate Skills Course – Take your basic
skills to the next level and join us on our offshore
adventure around the islands of The Mahurangi.
• Surfing Skills for Sea Kayakers – This course is a
ripper and will give you a great skill set for dealing
with the surf as well as having a great time!
• Weather for Sea Kayakers – This course speaks
for itself – an essential course for one and all.
• VHF Operators Course & License – tailored to
handheld VHF use.
• Trip Planning and Navigation for Sea Kayakers
Using marine charts we will show you how to plan
from start to finish and how to keep on course if the
weather closes in.
• Advanced Rescues – Paddle Float, T Rescue,
Eskimo Rescue, H Rescue, Barrel Rolls, Towing,
Using Slings & Stirrups and more!!
• Sea Kayak Leadership – Learn how to take
control of groups on the water. An essential tool for
Club Leaders and for those wanting to progress to
• Multisport Grade 2 Training – get your white
water skills up to speed and compete in events such
as The Speight’s Coast to Coast.
• NZKI Qualifications – The New Zealand Kayak
Instructors Award Scheme rubber stamps your
skills and allows you to become a qualified sea kayak