Thematic Summaries of Consultation Meetings - Law Reform ...
extended embed settings
Law Reform Commission of Western Australia Aboriginal Customary Laws Project No 94 THEMATIC SUMMARY OF METROPOLITAN CONSULTATIONS January 2004
WARBURTON 3 & 4 March 2003 As indiv
“Our law is still there but white
necessary cases but concern at impa
• The Elders would then look afte
It was said that “in the old days
• The Department of Justice to re
2. Stolen generation • The stolen
• It was also commented that some
12. Restricting alcohol “Social p
• Aboriginal customary law would
against them. The teacher didn’t
caution is required in addressing t
5. Elders • In small group discus
• There must be culturally recogn
APPENDICES Appendix I: Memorandum o
The Law Reform Commission of Wester
Preface The Law Reform Commission
PILBARA 6-11 April 2003 Introductio
• There is a need to continue to
• Attempts to bring people back t
oken” and some say that is why th
youths who are acting up, and bring
• There were complaints about the
testifies about a son-in-law, peopl
(c) Courts • The Yandeyarra schem
community and the Elders in consult
• With regards to domestic violen
The main issues that were raised on
3. Traditional law and punishment
4. Community justice mechanisms •
9. Alcohol related issues • A maj
(a) European law part of the proble
(a) Disrespect • We have been tre
• There are problems with young p
• Concern about double jeopardy i
Courts • Interpreters should be u
Afternoon Consultation Session 9. A
their wives a beating, the Elders c
6. Departments of Justice and Commu
espected. Kardiya agencies tended t
drugs and violence. The youth are a
DERBY 4 March 2004 Introduction The
• They use pepper spray to excess
Law Reform Commission of Western Au
Table of Contents Preface .........
Terms of Reference Recognising that
13. Racism 14. Welfare and family v
7. Traditional law and punishment
• There is always a lack of cultu
Additional meeting Added at feedbac
GERALDTON 26 & 27 May 2003 Introduc
3. Children and youth • Younger a
• Aboriginal knowledge is crucial
• It was noted that there were no
• There were problems of access t
WILUNA 27 August 2003 Introduction
3. Children and youth • The behav
10. Community justice mechanisms
• There is hope that the new chil
MEEKATHARRA 28 August 2003 Introduc
2. Elders • Respect for elders ha
7. Intellectual property • The do
Table of Contents Preface..........
7. Substance abuse and Aboriginal l
Feedback received in Bunbury on 24
ALBANY 18 November 2003 Introductio
that could help to give them the tr
7. Community justice mechanisms •
organisations and it really should
Here, traditional law appears neith
Project 94 - Prison Consultations 3
Project 94 - Prison Consultations 5
Project 94 - Prison Consultations 7
Project 94 - Prison Consultations 9
Project 94 - Prison Consultations 1
Consultation Paper on Jury Service - Law Reform Commission
Final Report (September 2006) - Law Reform Commission of ...
Aboriginal culture and heritage reform, Phase 1 consultations
Consultation Paper on Alternative Dispute Resolution - Law Reform ...
Consultation Paper on Bioethics - Law Reform Commission
Consultation Paper on Mandatory Sentences - Law Reform ...
Consultation Paper on Inchoate Offences - Law Reform Commission
Discussion Paper - Law Reform Commission of Western Australia
Consultation Paper on the Limitation of Actions - Law Reform ...
Consultation Paper on Expert Evidence - Law Reform Commission
Summary Report: Statewide Aboriginal Mental Health Consultation ...
(September 2009) - Chapter 3 Liability for Jury Service - Law Reform ...
Introduction - Law Reform Commission of Western Australia
November 1994 - Law Reform Commission of Western Australia
Draft Project Plan and the summary of consultation changes
CARB Public Consultation Meeting - California Independent ...
Report: Regional Consultative Meetings on Land - Land Commission
Summary of responses to Consultation on Reform of Committal ...
Consultation Papers - Volume 1 - Law Reform Commission of ...
Easements Consultation Summary - Law Commission
Final Report (September 1999) - Law Reform Commission of ...
Consultation Paper - Law Reform Commission
Thematic history of Gilgandra Shire - High Ground Consulting
Performance Analysts and Consultants MEETING SUMMARY ...
Final Report (August 1992) - Law Reform Commission of Western ...
Thematic and Regional Consultations World Congress III against ...
Summary of responses to Consultation Tribunal Reform: Future ...
Discussion Paper (May 1989) - Law Reform Commission of Western ...
CONSULTATION PAPER ON BUSINESS TENANCIES - Law Reform ...
Magazine: Thematic Summaries of Consultation Meetings - Law Reform ...