Knights of Columbus Council #9385
General Meeting Minutes
Monday, September 24, 2012
At the Pizza Corral
Attendees: Joe La Mere, Jeff Reiter, Gary Dvorack, Peter Tabor, Dave Hawes, Mike Brudos,
John Frie, Fred Lanzel, Tom Hundt
Meeting was called to Order by Grand Knight, Joe La Mere at 7:02 pm with a prayer.
1. Membership Director’s Report
Gary Dvorack reported that he will be calling our possible candidates to get them
information and start time of 12:30 pm on Sunday October 14 th . The 1 st Degree team will
contacted and hopefully a time to practice can be scheduled.
o 2 nd Degree – October 14th at 3:00 pm at St. Patricks in Onalaska.
o 4 th Degree – October 27 th in Wisconsin Rapids.
1. Highway Clean-up is scheduled for September 30 th at 1:00 pm. Contact Jerry Glentz if available.
2. Lighting of the Nativity Scene/Christmas Party is planned for December 1 st at 6:30 pm.
1. Boy Scouts –
• Parvuli Dei Award – anyone interested in chairing and which day of the week would be
best and which three months.
2. Work Project – Buildings and Grounds committee. – Tom Hundt reported
• Have not met with Father Parr in regard to the pledged money.
• Len Beranek will be hooking up the electrical work for the handicap doors.
• The handicap ramp will be done in the Spring and contacting the Parish works group
about the carpet for the sacristy and office space. We should look at contacting tom
Garibaldi about the Facia problem.
3. Please support the 40 Days of Life Program- September 23 – November 4, 2012 – Any questions
please contact Paul Fisk.
• Kickoff is September 23 at 2:00 – 3;30 on 1300 6 th Street La Crosse.
• Close is Sunday, November 4 th with a Free Soup Supper at Blessed Sacrament Parish Hall
from 6-7:30 pm .
• October 7 th – 25 th Annual Life Chain 2:00-3:00 pm, starts at the corner of Losey Blvd.
and King Street.
4. Rotary Lights – Organizational meeting is October 15 th . Joe La Mere and Tom Hundt will be
representing the Council at the La Crosse Center at 7:00 pm.
1. Voter Registration – Jeff Reiter will be setting up the information at the Back of Church to help
people get registered.
2. Coat for Kids – It was decided not to do this program due to the cost of the coats and that we did
not budget for it for 2012.
3. Another Pork Feed – Gary Dvorack was looking at doing another Pork Feed but at this time it will
be difficult to do and also we would be competing with Holmen School District’s Pork Feed at
4. Discussion on Capital Improvements for Church were discussed. The Carpet supplies and
installation as well as the handicap ramp were approved. A motion of $6,000 from CDs due in
December and up to $15,000 be used for alternate capital appovements be approved at a later date
by General membership prior to the use of the $15,000 was made by John Frie and Seconded by
Fred Lanzel. Mary Erickson will be contacted and Interior Design will be contacted to check on
the original Carpet Bid. The Parish Finacial Committee already ok’ed the low bid of $5,200. A
lengthy discussion on the Church Building fund and on the finances of the councile were talked
about. The board will look in to what the best options will be for future planning.
KNIGHT OF THE MONTH – Pat Stephens
FAMILY OF THE MONTH – Steve and June Smutny
ANYONE IN SICK OR DISTRESS – Nothing to Report
ANNOUNCEMENTS (Reported by Joe La Mere, Grand Knight
1. 4 th Degree Chicken Que is Wedneday, September 26 th at the Onalaska Legion from 11:00 -6:00.
Our shifts is 3:45 – 6:00.
2. St. Patrick’s School 3 rd Annual 5k run/walk is October 13 at 8:00 am
3. Gary ordered 5 Memorial plaques for $45 to have on hand for giving to the families of deceased
brothers at their wake or funeral.
NEXT GENERAL MEETING – October 14, 2012 following the 12:30 First Degree installation
NEXT OFFICERS’ MEETING – October 29, 2012
Meeting was called to adjourn by Grand Knight, Joe La Mere at 8:30 pm with a prayer.