WATERFRONT MOUNT VERNON ESTATE
9524 MOUNT VERNON LANDING
alexandria, virginia 22309
offered at $3,900,000
FINE PROPERTIES, LLC
he exclusive community of Mount Vernon is known for its lush and mature pastoral landscape, sophisticated colonial
estates lining the banks of the Potomac River and the site of the home of George and Martha Washington. Mount Vernon
is bound by the Potomac River to the south, Fort Belvoir to the west, Huntley Meadows Park to the north, and Little
Hunting Creek to the east. The George Washington Parkway provides easy access from the country club like setting of Mount Vernon
to Washington, DC and all other cosmopolitan areas of the Capital Region. Reagan National Airport is only a quick commute from
the estate, along with Old Town Alexandria, Capitol Hill, Dulles International Airport and Arlington, Virginia.
Upon entering the gated estate, a dramatic waterfront view down the drive and through a garden with fountain immediately greets
guests onto this special property. A second set of gates from a circular motor court area takes you to the drive-up entrance of the
home and continues on to the 3-car Garage. A twin brick staircase leads up to the double glass and double wooden doors which open
to the grand marble Entry Foyer of the Georgian-inspired Mansion.
The impressive Entry Foyer features a twin staircase and wide entryways to the sun filled Main Level. The residence features
stone, hardwood, and carpeted floors; high ceilings; custom moldings; chandeliers, built-ins; and countless other amenities.
The Upper Levels feature a Master Suite with separate sitting room and two full Baths. The Suite opens up to a deck
overlooking the River and features exceptional views. The Upper Levels include five additional Bedrooms, a large Guest
Suite, and a Recreation Room. The Bedrooms on the Second Level all have private balconies.
The Lower Level is set up for comfortable entertaining with a large Bar, Wine Cellar, Game Room area, and a Family Room.
The whole space is lined with glass doors leading out to a loggia overlooking the pool and riverfront. The Lower Level also
includes access to the three car interior Garage, an office, and a Guest Bedroom. The extensive landscaping throughout the
estate grounds includes many manicured gardens, a koi pond, gazebo, exceptional landscaping and hardscaping, multilevel
decks and terraces, and a large heated pool overlooking the spectacular waterfront views with a long boat dock with electricity
FEATURES AND AMENITIES
• Drive-up access and a twin staircase leads up to front door which has double glass doors into a vestibule with
double wooden doors to the Grand Entry Foyer.
• Grand Entry Foyer with marble tile floor, recessed lighting, crystal chandelier, crystal sconces, wainscoted
walls, chair rail molding, twin sweeping staircases to a common landing and Gallery, door to Lower Level,
and wide entryways to side Ante Rooms.
• Ante Rooms flank either side of the Grand Entry Foyer with coat closets. One has a hallway to a formal
Powder Room and leads to the Living Room. The second leads to the banquet sized Dining Room.
• Living Room with hardwood floor, recessed lighting, crystal ceiling light, custom molding, French doors
with arched transom to balcony, and fireplace with marble surround and hearth.
• Double Doors lead to wet bar with brass sink, recessed light, tile counter, and cabinets.
• Library with hardwood floor, ceiling fan with light, mahogany paneled walls, custom built-in bookcases,
custom moldings, fireplace, French doors to deck, and French doors to Elevator.
• Family Room with hardwood floor, recessed lights, custom moldings, brick hearth with fireplace and log
keeper, and two sliding glass doors to the deck.
• Banquet Sized Dining Room with hardwood floor, recessed lighting, crystal chandelier, custom moldings,
extensive built-in china cabinets, fireplace with plaster mantel, and three sets of French doors to balconies.
• Powder Room and Butler Pantry are connected to Dining Room.
• Morning Room with hardwood floor, recessed lighting, ceiling fan with chandelier, custom moldings,
sliding glass doors to large deck, and a fireplace.
• Kitchen with ceramic tile floor, recessed lighting, ceiling light fixtures, tile counters, tile backsplash, dual bay
sink with disposal, additional butler sink, island with corian countertop, built-in desk area, Powder Room
which connects to Dining Room, and large walk-in pantry. Appliances include: Thermador 6-burner Gas
Range, 2 Maytag dishwashers, dual wall ovens, Subzero refrigerator, and GE built-in microwave.
• Twin staircase leads to central landing and Gallery open to Grand Foyer.
• Gallery with brass sconces and custom moldings.
• Double Doors enter Master Suite:
o Sitting Room with hardwood floor, recessed lights, tray ceiling, custom moldings, sliding doors to
deck, and a full Bath.
o Double doors open to hallways with walk-in closet and walk-in cedar closet.
o At end of hallway is a full Bath with large Jacuzzi soaking tub and bidet.
o Bedroom with hardwood floor, brass chandelier with medallion, custom molding, sliding glass
door to deck, and fireplace with marble surround and hearth.
• Second Bedroom with wall-to-wall carpet, wall of built-ins, closet with built-in bureau, double door closet,
double door mirrored closet, French doors to balcony and full Bath.
• Third Bedroom with wall-to-wall carpet, chandelier with medallion, walk-in closet, double door closet,
custom molding, French doors to balcony, and fireplace with marble hearth and surround.
• Third and Fourth Bedroom are connected by a shared full Bath.
• Fourth Bedroom with wall-to-wall carpet, glass ceiling light, custom molding, French doors to balcony, and
access to Elevator.
• Laundry Room with tile floor, Maytag Washer and Dryer, bay window, tub sink, and built-in cabinets.
• Second Level hall has two double door linen closets.
• Staircase leads to Third Level Landing.
• Guest Suite/Fifth Bedroom has wall-to-wall carpet; Sitting Room with recessed lighting, fireplace with
marble hearth and surround; Bedroom with wall-to-wall carpet, recessed lighting, ceiling fan with light,
walls of windows, wet bar with brass sink, and stone hearth fireplace; full Bath; and dressing area with
• Recreation Room area with wall-to-wall carpet, track lighting, built-in shelving, and skylight.
• Sixth Bedroom with wall-to-wall carpet, picture window, walk-in closet, and full Bath.
• Seventh Bedroom with wall-to-wall carpet and large walk-in closet.
• Full hall Bath with separate vanity area.
• Two double door closets with built-in shelving.
• Stairs from Main Level descend into large Recreation/Informal Entertaining Area with wall-to-wall carpet;
recessed lighting; Billiards area with a Billiards light; wine cellar with French wrought-iron doors; large
extensive Bar area with Scotsman icemaker, Maytag dishwasher, JennAir 4-burner/grill range, sink with
disposal, and extensive bar storage in cabinets and shelving; and Family Room area with fireplace. Entire
area is lined with sliding glass doors to Rear Garden.
• Full Bath connects to Recreation Area and opens to Rear Garden.
• Off of the Lower Level Recreation Areas is a three car Garage with extensive extra storage.
• Stained leaded glass door leads into a Den/Bedroom with wall-to-wall carpet and chandelier.
• Office with wall-to-wall carpet, recessed lighting, walls of built-in bookcases and drawers, a double door and
a single door closet with built-in shelving, plantation shutters for windows, access to elevator, and full Bath
• Encompassing 2 Lots totaling 88,828 Square Feet/1.12 Acres
o Lot 43: Tax ID: 110-3-11- -43: 24,664 Square Feet/0.57 Acres (approximately)
o Lot 44: Tax ID: 110-3-11- -44: 24,164 Square Feet/0.55 Acres (approximately)
• Gated Driveway leads to motor court parking area; additional gate continues driveway past front door and
to the three-car Garage.
• Property is waterfront with 170’ dock with water and electricity.
• Extensive landscaping and hardscaping.
• Pool with large patio
• Multiple balconies and decks
• Koi Pond and Gazebo; Manicured Garden.
• Built Circa 1991
• Bedrooms, 8; Baths, 9 Full, 2 half
• Fireplaces: 7 (all gas)
• Heat: Natural Gas Heat Pump
• Cooling: Electric Central Air Conditioning
• Legal Subdivision: Mount Vernon on the Potomac
• Property Owner’s Association Annual Dues: $2,475 per year
• Living Area: 11,200 Square Feet (Approximately)
• 2011 Taxes: $29,099 (Estimated per Metropolitan Regional Information System)
• Please see disclosures / Listing Agents for all Exclusions and other details
• Property conveys in As-Is condition
OFFERED AT $3,900,000
This material is based upon information which we consider reliable, but because it has been provided by third parties, we cannot represent
that it is accurate or complete, and it should not be relied upon as such. This offering is subject to errors, omissions, changes, including
price, or withdrawal without notice.
WILLIAM F. X. MOODY
This material is based upon information which we consider reliable, but
because it has been provided by third parties, we cannot represent that it is
accurate or complete, and it should not be relied upon as such. This
offering is subject to errors, omissions, changes, including price, or
withdrawal without notice.
© 2012 HomeVisit
WashingtonFineProperties.com 3201 New Mexico Avenue N.W., #220
Washington, DC 20016