Employee Development Planning
• Online appraisal system
• Systematic approach to entire EDP process
• Supports development and improvements of performance
• Creates cohesion throughout your organisation
1. Benefits of the EDP system
2. How to get started and register your company
3. How to configure employees and distribute EDP questionnaires
4. How to prepare for EDP
5. How to hold EDP meetings and record notes
6. How to follow up on agreements, and visually present results to employees and your director
7. EDP with integrated Team Development Planning (TDP)
8. Ethics, data access and costs
1. Benefits of the
What EDP offers
= Signs of
offers these unique
following up on
Find up-to-date EDP knowledge and help from our website
Divided into 5 categories:
• The job
• Work colleagues
• The organisation
• The future
Once the questionnaires have been completed, charts showing the
averages are automatically generated for each question and
category. The thin blue line shows the average score across the
Questions can be customised to suit your organisation.
Advantages of our EDP system
• Covers three levels:
• Customised questions/issues can be
easily integrated with the tool
• Visual overview of employee responses
by department accessible to the manager
and his director (useful for manager’s EDP
• Facility to benchmark against other
• Facility to send visual overviews to top
management or the HR department
• Improve the quality of your EDP meetings
and save time (save 30-45 minutes per
• All agreements across the department
are grouped into a single overview
2. How to get started and
register your company?
Registering your company
The director registers the company at Developandperform.com by
clicking on ”Subscribe” – you will now be redirected to our secure
server https://secure.developandperform.com, where registration
Once you have accepted the conditions, you indicate your type of
organisation (private or public), and enter current registration
data. You will then be allocated the appropriate
EDP questionnaire which may be customised as desired.
Setting up manager accounts
Administration takes place via the director's page. The
director can create (and update) manager accounts,
and assign extra licences where there are more than 30
employees per manager. Once a manager's name and
email address has been set up, they automatically
receive an email containing access information for their
manager’s page. The director can also view statistics
per department from the director’s page.
The director can see how many
employees in each department have
completed EDP questionnaires (e.g. 2
out of 4 = 2/4).
The director can also send charts to the parent
company, HR department, etc., from the
Dear Jonna L.,
Your organisation has recently subscribed to EDP, an online appraisal tool, which we hope you will find
both constructive and user friendly.
How do you log in?
We take your security very seriously. Your account is therefore stored on our secure server.
Log in on https://secure.developandperform.com/login with the following username and password:
Password: (copy and paste this into the login field)
Save this information in a personal folder on your computer. You will need it on an ongoing basis when
filling in the EDP form. If you are unable to finish the form in one go, you can easily log back in to
If others have access to your computer you should not allow Windows to remember your password. It
will constitute a great safety risk, as others could get access to your EDP minutes.
How does EDP take place?
First, the EDP form must be filled in as accurately as possible. The more honest you are in your
feedback, the more likely you are to have a rewarding EDP process.
Once the director has set up all the manager accounts, each
manager will receive an email containing their manager account
password. Each manager is also automatically set up as an
employee in relation to the director, and will therefore also
receive an email notifying them of their EDP meeting with the
director. Emails are sent via our secure server from
Beware that all questions must be answered with a score between 1 and 6 for the EDP form to be
submitted and continue to the meeting with your manager. Once you have finished, click ‘Submit
New EDP round
Once the EDP round for the current year is over (irrespective of
whether it stretches into the next calendar year), the director
initiates a new EDP round for the entire organisation from the
administration page. The EDP round for the previous year must
now be complete, as all questionnaires will be locked.
3. How to set up employees and
distribute EDP questionnaires?
Managers set up each employee on the manager’s page, entering their name and email address.
The status code changes colour as the employee completes their questionnaire ( Unopened, In
progress, Submitted, Completed). The page also contains an overview of agreements and one-year
and three-year statistics for the department.
To edit or add new employees: Click on 'Edit list' and add the
employee or edit an existing employee.
There are two document buttons beside each employee: CV (to
regularly update the employee's CV), and Notes (to record things
the manager needs to remember).
Distributing EDP questionnaires
Click here to send
The manager can distribute EDP questionnaires to all
employees at once (click: Send questionnaires), or
individually (click: Send)
Click on ? symbols
to display help
This is an example
of a help dialog
4. How to prepare for EDP?
Preparing for EDP meetings
Using the account password provided, employees access their
EDP questionnaire and respond to approx. 30 questions within
five categories. They enter scores between 1 (low) and 6 (high).
They can also enter a comment for any response.
5. How to hold EDP meetings
and record notes?
EDP meetings - process
Completed by employee in advance
Write notes here
The employee fills out the EDP questionnaire in advance, and
the manager has access to this during the EDP meeting.
Discussion is based around the employee's responses, and a new
column appears to record notes along the way. Once the EDP
meeting is over and the notes have been entered, click on
’Submit' and both parties automatically receive an email
containing notes from the meeting.
EDP meetings - process (cont...)
During the EDP meeting, the manager should be very aware of making specific agreements along the
way in relation to the employee's skill development and goals for the year ahead. These are
immediately entered under the last two points at any point during the meeting. Agreements are
automatically copied over into the next EDP round...
... where they are listed under agreements for 'last year'. This
means you can evaluate last year's agreements during EDP and
review the results!
6. How to follow up on agreements
and present visual results
to employees and your director?
From the manager’s page the manager can now click on
'Agreements'. All agreements that have been made with the
given person are then displayed in a clear overview, which can be
used as a basis for action.
The leader can check off agreements in the overview as they are
Agreements relating to skills development can be sent to the HR
Agreements (including their status) are automatically carried over
into the EDP screen for the following year. Fulfilled agreements
are shown in green – unfulfilled agreements in red.
Visual presentation of results
The manager can view six
visual presentations of
the department's results
One for each of the five
categories like the chart
shown here, and an
overview chart showing
the score distribution for
all questions across the
The five categories are
discussed at an employee
meeting and an action
plan must be agreed.
Visual presentation of results
Confidential EDP meetings between
each employee and the manager
The manager takes the six charts to his EDP
meeting with his director, who uses them as a
guide and basis for manager development. The
director also has access to the overview charts.
Confidential EDP meeting
between the manager and director
7. EDP with integrated
Team Development Planning (TDP)
EDP with integrated Team Development Planning (TDP)
• Our EDP system has integrated support for Team Development Planning (TDP)
• The manager selects relevant participants from the department and places them into groups.
He can also select employees managed by other managers in the company (e.g.
• The system contains a draft TDP questionnaire which can be used as is or adjusted and
• The system manages distribution of the agenda, preparation material and minutes from the
TDP meeting, which are automatically emailed to all participants
• An overview is generated of all TDP agreements from each group, and from all groups in the
• This ensures agreements will be followed up before the next round of TDP
8. Ethics, data access and costs
Ethics and access to data
• The EDP questionnaires are stored on a secure server (https://secure.developandperform.com)
• The meeting discussion and notes are internal and confidential between the given employee
and his or her line manager
• If the manager leaves the organisation no-one is entitled to access the confidential statements
in the EDP questionnaires – but the new manager has access to charts and statistics
• This is one reason why it is important for the average charts and agreements from EDP
meetings to be passed on in the system – so accumulated knowledge is not lost
• The director only has access to the average charts
• The net-based EDP system costs DKK 1,199 (approx. € 158) for each manager, covering up to 30
employees, including changes to up to five questions. This fee covers set up costs and the
licence for the first year. Integrated support for TDP is included
• A licence costs DKK 899 (approx. € 119) per year for each following year
• Questions may be further customised at a cost of DKK 275 (approx. € 36) per question
• Rapid and effective support is available if you run into problems
• You are always welcome to draw on our extensive employee and manager development
experience and expertise. This will be charged separately
• All prices exclude VAT