•I am in the dog house for not doing
•We need to bury the hatchet and get
•I tip my hat to you, good job!
•Make up an idiom of your own!
•She was as pale as a lump of sugar.
•The cranky toddler was acting like a
•He was as silly as a clown.
•Make up a simile of your own!
• Blind as a bat
• Quiet as a lamb
• Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're
going to get
• Busy as a bee
• My love is like a red, red rose.
• You were as brave as a lion.
• They fought like cats and dogs.
• He is as funny as a barrel of monkeys.
• This house is as clean as a whistle.
• He is as strong as an ox.
• Your explanation is as clear as mud.
•I was so hungry I could have eaten
one hundred pizzas.
•I have a ton of homework.
•Make up a hyperbole of your own!
•Slimy slugs slither slowly down the
•We washed the washcloths in warm
•Many mumbling mice made me mad.
•Make up an alliteration of your own!
•The boy is a math wizard.
•The wheat field is a golden ocean.
•The fallen snow is a blanket from
•Make up a metaphor of your own!
• The detective listened to her tales with a wooden face.
• She was fairly certain that life was a fashion show.
• The typical teenage boy’s room is a disaster area.
• That woman is the cancer of my dreams.
• Kisses are the flowers of love in bloom.
• Kathy arrived at the grocery store with an army of
• Waves of spam emails inundated his inbox.
• Her eyes were fireflies.
• I was lost in a sea of nameless faces.
•The wind whistled a happy tune.
•The flowers danced in the wind.
•The window squeaked and groaned
as I pried it open.
•Make up a personification of your
•The engine whirred and sputtered
when the man tried to start it.
•“Buzz, buzz, buzz”, said the bee, as
it flew around my head.
•Make up an onomatopoeia of your