H I G H S C H O O L
T H E A T E R I I
T E A C H A N A L Y S I S
Lisa Guen Raymond
P O S I T I V E E L E M E N T S
Learning Classroom Management Skills
Student ownership of creativity in learning
Being able to pick myself up after making a
mistake and having a sense of humor.
C H A L L E N G I N G E L E M E N T S
Motivation of Students
Transitions between learning activities and instruction.
Working in the space.
P R E P A R A T I O N
Materials were really engaging to the students. They made it
personal for them and it made them participate more.
What did you change from the first teaching experience to make the
second set of lessons flow more smoothly
• Simplified the tasks and information
• Took more time for the actual learning activities than lecture.
• Listed my expectations for the students ahead of time for each
• Let the students do the teaching and take over their learnings.
E V I D E N C E O F S T U D E N T S
K N O W L E D G E & D I F F E R E N T I A T I O N
C O N C L U S I O N
Was the total teaching experience what you thought it would be
• Students put out excellent work.
• Setting rules and expectations ahead of time provides
for a drastic difference in instruction
• Students respond positively to choice and differentiation.
• Classroom space and setup plays a major well in both
teacher and student performance.
• I have no concept of time.