There will be a Meeting of the
Strategy Committee in the Community Office
at 8pm on Tuesday 25 th October 2011
A G E N D A
1. Apologies for absence
2. Chairman’s Remarks
3. Minutes of the Strategy Meeting held on 27 th September 2011 received by Council
11/10/2011 to be signed as a correct record.
4. Declaration of Interests
To receive any declarations on interest from Councillors relating to items to be considered at the meeting, in accordance with the
provisions of the Councils Local Code of Conduct.
5. Matters Arising
6. Short Discussion Items
1. Olympic Torch and Diamond Jubilee 2012 - discussion
2. Watlington Speaks - Update
3. Co-op formal agreement for Car Park – There are a few questions from their email
which need to be considered – attached.
4. Risk Assessment Review – paper will be sent by email
5. Insurance Review – paper attached.
6. Red Kites in the Town – update by TH/RBr – press release attached
7. Armed Forces Community Covenant Grant Scheme – The aim of this is to financially
support projects at a local level – attached paper
7. Main Topics for Discussion
1.Review of Subsidised Bus Services – June 2012 – see attached
2. Initial Discussion on Budget and Precept review. – Budget Update was given out with
Full Council papers please bring this to the meeting.
3. Governments Planning Reforms – attached letter from John Howell and letter from
1. Oxfordshire Repatriation Memorial Bell Appeal – request for donations – attached.
9. Items for Future Meetings
Refer to Forward Plan
10. Any Other Business to note – Items to be notified to the Clerk in advance of the meeting.
Declaration of Interests
(i) any Member arriving after the start of the meeting is asked to declare personal interests as necessary as soon as practicable after their
arrival even if the item in question has been considered.
(ii) with the exception of the circumstances listed in paragraph 9(2) of the Local Code of Conduct for Members, a Member with a personal
interest also has a prejudicial if it is one which a Member of the public with knowledge of the relevant facts would reasonably regard as so
significant that it is likely to prejudice the Member's judgement of the public interest. In such circumstances, the Member must withdraw
from the meeting room, and should inform the Chairman accordingly.
(iii) it is not practical to offer detailed advice during the meeting on whether or not a personal interest should be declared, or whether a
personal interest should also be regarded as prejudicial.
EXCLUSION OF THE PUBLIC
RESOLVED: THAT under Section 100(A)(4) of the Local Government Act 1972, the public
be excluded from the meeting for items of business of the grounds that they involve the likely disclosure of exempt information as defined
in Paragraphs 7,8 and 9 of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act.
Kristina Tynan - Parish Clerk
Distribution: All Councillors, Noticeboard, Website