A Compendium of Scientific References
Supporting the Efficacy of Micronutrient
Supplementation with Ingredients Used
in the Formulation of Microplex VM
The following is a compendium of scientific references supporting the health and
wellness benefits associated with the consumption of the botanical ingredients and
essential dietary nutrients used in the formulation of dōTERRA’s Microplex VM
Micronutrient Complex. Microplex VM is part of dōTERRA’s Lifelong Wellness Pack and
is formulated to be used daily by adults as part of a foundational dietary supplement
program. Regular use of Microplex VM, along with eating a healthy diet, exercising
regularly, managing stress and getting enough rest, and managing exposure to harmful
environmental stressors will increase the likelihood of a lifetime full of vitality and
wellness and decrease the likelihood of the premature onset of some conditions
associated with aging.* Microplex VM Micronutrient Complex is not formulated or
intended as treatment or cure for disease. Persons with known medical conditions and
pregnant or lactating women should consult a physician before starting any dietary
Health Benefit Claims of Microplex VM Micronutrient Complex :
Provides support to antioxidant defense network*
Provides important factors of cellular energy and metabolism *
Supports a healthy immune system*
Supports a healthy response to stress*
Supports cardiovascular health*
Provides important bone nutrients*
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.
© 2009 dōTERRA International, LLC 1
1. Catov, J.M., et al., Association of periconceptional multivitamin use with reduced risk of
preeclampsia among normal-weight women in the Danish National Birth Cohort. Am J
Epidemiol, 2009. 169(11): p. 1304-11.
2. Grieger, J.A., et al., Multivitamin supplementation improves nutritional status and bone
quality in aged care residents. Eur J Clin Nutr, 2009. 63(4): p. 558-65.
3. Wang, C., et al., Effects of supplementation with multivitamin and mineral on blood pressure
and C-reactive protein in obese Chinese women with increased cardiovascular disease risk.
Asia Pac J Clin Nutr, 2009. 18(1): p. 121-30.
4. Xu, Q., et al., Multivitamin use and telomere length in women. Am J Clin Nutr, 2009. 89(6):
5. Major, G.C., et al., Multivitamin and dietary supplements, body weight and appetite: results
from a cross-sectional and a randomised double-blind placebo-controlled study. Br J Nutr,
2008. 99(5): p. 1157-67.
6. Goh, Y.I., et al., Prenatal multivitamin supplementation and rates of pediatric cancers: a
meta-analysis. Clin Pharmacol Ther, 2007. 81(5): p. 685-91.
7. Machefer, G., et al., Multivitamin-mineral supplementation prevents lipid peroxidation during
"the Marathon des Sables". J Am Coll Nutr, 2007. 26(2): p. 111-20.
8. Ribeiro, M.L., et al., Effects of multivitamin supplementation on DNA damage in lymphocytes
from elderly volunteers. Mech Ageing Dev, 2007. 128(10): p. 577-80.
9. Goh, Y.I., et al., Prenatal multivitamin supplementation and rates of congenital anomalies: a
meta-analysis. J Obstet Gynaecol Can, 2006. 28(8): p. 680-9.
10. Barringer, T.A., et al., Effect of a multivitamin and mineral supplement on infection and
quality of life. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Ann Intern Med, 2003.
138(5): p. 365-71.
11. Earnest, C.P., K.A. Wood, and T.S. Church, Complex multivitamin supplementation
improves homocysteine and resistance to LDL-C oxidation. J Am Coll Nutr, 2003. 22(5): p.
12. Carroll, D., et al., The effects of an oral multivitamin combination with calcium, magnesium,
and zinc on psychological well-being in healthy young male volunteers: a double-blind
placebo-controlled trial. Psychopharmacology (Berl), 2000. 150(2): p. 220-5.
13. McKay, D.L., et al., The effects of a multivitamin/mineral supplement on micronutrient status,
antioxidant capacity and cytokine production in healthy older adults consuming a fortified
diet. J Am Coll Nutr, 2000. 19(5): p. 613-21.
14. Schlebusch, L., et al., A double-blind, placebo-controlled, double-centre study of the effects
of an oral multivitamin-mineral combination on stress. S Afr Med J, 2000. 90(12): p. 1216-
© 2009 dōTERRA International, LLC 2
Microplex VM Micronutrient Complex Labeling
Directions: Adults, take 4 capsules per
day with food.
Caution: Keep out of reach of children.
Pregnant or lactating women and
people with known medical conditions
should consult a physician before using.
Do not use if safety seal is broken.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Note: The products in dōTERRA’s Lifelong Wellness Pack including Alpha CRS, EO Mega, and
Microplex VM contain no wheat or milk. Additionally, no nuts are used in the manufacturer of
these products. However, these products are produced in a facility that uses nut fruits.
Manufactured in the U.S.A. exclusively for dōTERRA Int., LLC, 370 West Center Street, Orem,
UT 84057, www.doterra.com. For customer support, call 801-615-7200.
© 2009 dōTERRA International, LLC 3