Small Business of the Year – 2009 – Daytona Regional Chamber of Commerce
Name of Company
Contact Name: First _______________ Last ___________________
This should be the best day-to-day point of contact.
City _________________ State____ Postal / Zip Code _________
Phone Number ________________________________
Company Representative Name (President, Owner, etc.)
First, Last ____________________________________
Company Web Site _____________________________
Number of Employees _____
Daytona Regional Chamber Member _____
Member Since: ________
I. General Information
In what industry is your business and what are your principle products and/or
What are your company's core values, goals, and overall mission
Number of Years in business _______
Why and how did you start your business ______________________________
Please list any awards or other recognition your company has received.
II. Employee Practices
What benefits do you offer your employees Please check all that apply.
Health Plan Education/Training Allowance Retirement plan
Employee awards program Paid vacation
Describe any innovative strategies used for recruiting, retaining, and/or rewarding
IV. Community Involvement
Describe how your business is an active corporate citizen.
E.g., local or national advocacy, environmental awareness, contributions to educational programs,
participation in trade associations, etc.
Please be as specific as possible.
V. Customer Relations
Describe your strategies for retaining and attracting new customers.
E.g., research, promotions, etc.
How has the free enterprise system helped guide your success
What are some of the greatest challenges that your business has faced and what
innovative strategies did you employ to overcome them
Do you plan to grow your business If so, how
Optional: Share a best practice
*This question will not be graded. You are invited to share a best practice that will
be considered for an online resource database, currently under construction.
What is one business practice your company has implemented that yielded positive
results for your business or employees Please describe in detail the goal, process,
and end results. This should be a best practice that you would recommend to other
I have read the official rules.
-The accuracy of this submission must be certified by the company's highestranking
- The Daytona Regional Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to use
submission material at both the event and in related activities. All tax and financial
information will remain confidential.
- The Small Business of the Year Award winner will be chosen without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or physical or mental disability.
I have read the legal notice. I certify that, to the best of my knowledge, the
information contained in this application is accurate.
To be completed by the company's highest-ranking official.
City State / Zip Code
SMALL BUSINESS OF THE YEAR AWARD - OFFICIAL RULES
SUBMISSION OF A COMPLETED APPLICATION AND AN ENTRY FEE ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER.
1. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of the Small Business of the Year Award Contest is the Daytona Regional Chamber of Commerce, located at 126 E. Orange Ave., Daytona
Beach FL 32114
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Contest: 1) you must complete an application for consideration of your business for the Small Business of the Year award. Mail to the
Daytona Regional Chamber at 126 E. Orange Ave., Daytona Beach FL 32114.
3. SCHEDULE: All entries must be received by 5 P.M. Eastern Standard Time on January 15, 2010. All mail entries must be postmarked no later than January 15, 2010.
4. ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is open to small businesses currently in good standing with the Daytona Regional Chamber through February 15, 2010. Businesses with an
individual holding a seat on the Daytona Regional Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors for the time period January 1, 2009 through February 15, 2010 are not eligible.
5. SELECTION OF WINNER: One (1) winner will be selected to receive the Small Business of the Year Award. The selection process is as follows: A panel of judges
comprised of the Executive Committee of the Daytona Regional Chamber of Commerce. The winner of the Small Business of the Year Award will be announced at the February
15, 2010 Annual Meeting of the Daytona Regional Chamber of Commerce.. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.