• Homepage - Depending on what you are setting up,
• the service address, or
• the address of the multimedia messaging centre.
• Connection security - Choose whether Transport Layer
Security (TLS) is used for the connection. Follow the
instructions given to you by your service provider.
• Session mode - Permanent / Temporary.
• Data call type (for GSM data and high speed data only)
- Analogue, ISDN v.110, or ISDN v.120 defines whether
the game deck uses an analogue or digital connection.
This setting depends on both your GSM network
operator and Internet Service Provider (ISP), because
some GSM networks do not support certain types of
ISDN connections. For details, contact your ISP. If ISDN
connections are available, they establish connections
more quickly than analogue methods.
Glossary: ISDN connections are a way to
establish a data call between your game deck and
your access point. ISDN connections are digital
from end to end and as such offer quicker set-up
times and faster data rates than analogue
connections. In order to use an ISDN connection,
both your Internet service provider and network
operator must support it.
• Maximum data speed (for GSM data and high speed
data only) - The options are Automatic / 9600 / 14400
/ 19200 / 28800 / 38400 / 43200, depending on what
you have chosen in Session mode and Data call type. This
option allows you to limit the maximum connection
speed when high speed data is used. Higher data rates
may cost more, depending on the network service
Note: The speeds above represent the maximum
speed at which your connection will operate. During
the connection, the operating speed may be less,
depending on network conditions.
Tip! When you are writing, press to open the
special characters table. Press to enter a space.
Tip! See also ‘Settings needed for multimedia
messaging’, p. 73, ‘Settings needed for e-mail’, p. 75,
and ‘Setting up the game deck for the browser service’,
Options→ Advanced settings
• Device IP address - The IP address of your device.
• Primary name server: - The IP address of the primary DNS
Glossary: DNS - Domain Name Service. An
Internet service that translates domain names such
as www.nokia.com into IP addresses like
• Second. name server: - The IP address of the secondary
Note: If you need to enter the Device IP address,
Primary name server, or Second. name server:, contact your
Internet service provider to obtain these addresses.
The following settings are shown if you have selected data
call and high speed data as the connection type:
Copyright © 2003 Nokia. All rights reserved.