Terms of Reference (ToR) for Research Assistant
State Institute of Rural Development (SIRD), Chhattisgarh
SIRD, Chhattisgarh would like to draw upon the services of a Research Assistant, who shall be
overall responsible for the all type of Research activities for planning, coordination, monitoring,
training and facilitation. This person will also be required to liaison and coordinate with
Department of Panchayati Raj and Social Welfare, Chhattisgarh, other government departments,
resource organizations, sectoral experts and other institutions for successful implementation of
the Research. The Research Assistant shall work under the direct guidance of Director, CGSIRD
and in close association with Panchayat and Rural Development Department.
The duty station of the Research Assistant will be the Chhattisgarh State Institute of Rural
Development, Nimora, Raipur (C.G.).
12 Month (with possibilities of extension)
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Design / Preparation of Research Plan, questionnaire/ Interview Schedule / Reports
2. Coordinate field interventions for data collection through interviews, focus group
3. Coordinate preparation of training material, tools and methodologies for research work.
4. Organise and arrange meetings with experts for research work.
5. Provide data/information for creation and updating of SIRD portal for regular
6. Coordinate preparation of a tool kit and document the methodology (Process
documentation) and outputs as per desired need.
7. Coordinate preparation of IEC materials, policy guidelines and legal frameworks through
discussions, workshops, in house analysis and external commissioning in the district.
8. Coordinate for generation of draft and subsequent reports.
9. Report/interact regularly (on behalf of SIRD) as per the Panchayat Act. /guidelines
/formats from GoI and state district authorities.
10. Any other task that may be identified by Director SIRD.
Attitude, Skills & Qualifications required
1. She/he should be postgraduate in development studies or an MBA with minimum
aggregate marks 60%.
2. Should have minimum of 1-2 years of research experience.
3. Should have understanding of rural decentralisation processes (PRIs), government
institutions and micro plans.
4. She/He should be well conversant with Panchayati Raj Functioning, Rural Development
Programmes, different planning tools and methodologies.
5. Should have Excellent Facilitation skills, socialising/communication skills and
networking abilities with diverse stakeholders.
6. Should have positive attitude with strong commitment to social development.
7. Should have ability to work in complex environment with diverse set of organisations.