YEAR 7 SKETCHBOOK PROJECT
During this half term you are to produce a sketchbook project on colour. Colour is
used by artists to make their work appear more eye catching and to create
different moods. Colour can be used in realistic or imaginative ways.
Your teacher will check the work as it progresses and will help you improve your
The project will be given a national curriculum level when it is handed in on
How you explore the theme of colour is up to you. You can work through the list
of activities or you may have your own ideas that you want to include.
1. What is your favourite colour? Make a page of colour using
magazine paper to show off your favourite colour. Do not leave
2. Invent a rainbow that has the most beautiful colours in it.
3. Choose a painting by an artist change the colours, describe how
the paintings mood has changed.
4. Design a pair of socks using bright strong colours, so that they
will never get lost in the wash!
5. Make a drawing of the inside of the fridge- add colour using
cool colours to help show that the food is cold- you may end
up with blue milk, but it will be a great piece of art. OR do the
same activity using warm colours to show that the food is hot.
You are free to plan the order you do your project in and what you want to
You also need to choose what materials to use from paint, pencil, collage, pen,
pastel etc for each activity.
IF YOU ARE NOT SURE
ASK YOUR TEACHER!
You must still bring your sketchbook to every Art lesson along with a pencil and
other basic equipment.