Minutes of the Executive Committee Meeting held on Wednesday ...

pata.thailand.org
  • No tags were found...

Minutes of the Executive Committee Meeting held on Wednesday ...

ong>Minutesong> ong>ofong> ong>theong> ong>Executiveong> ong>Committeeong> ong>Meetingong>ong>heldong> on Wednesday, June 17 th , 2009, 10:00 hrs.at Dusit Thani HotelPresent:Mr. Luzi A. MatzigM.L. Hathaijanok KritakaraMr. Danai WansomMr. Nino E. JotikasthiraMr. Ken ScottMr. Bert Van WalbeekMr. James ReedMr. Jamlong RatanapanMr. Blair SpeersMs. Ornuma TisapramotekulMs. Rochana MaiyarojMs. Patsupa LelanapaparnMr. Chalongchai HiranyalekhaMs. Supaporn ChinpasnanMr. Apichai SakulsureeyadejMrs. Joan SarasinExcused:Mr. Kusa PanyarachunMr. Bob JamesMr. Vincent TabuteauMr. Danny McCaffertyMr. Ashley MonteiroMr. Pichai ChunganuwadMs. Paveena NiemwongseMs. Ben MontgomeryChairman, ong>Executiveong> ong>Committeeong> & Chairman, Marketing ong>Committeeong>Hon. Secretary & Chairman, Programme ong>Committeeong>Chairman, Industry Development ong>Committeeong>Chairman, Membership ong>Committeeong>Chairman, P.R. ong>Committeeong>Co-Chairman, Education ong>Committeeong>ong>Committeeong>ong>Committeeong>ong>Committeeong>Associate Director – Membership Services, PATA HQManager – Membership Service, PATA HQAssistant Director – The Americas Market Division, TATDirector, Sales Management, THAIConvention/Incentive Sales Promotion, THAIAdvisor, TTCSecretariatVice Chairman & Hon. TreasurerCo-Chairman, Education ong>Committeeong>Chairman, Green Projects ong>Committeeong>ong>Committeeong>ong>Committeeong>ong>Committeeong>Manager – Communications, PATA HQAssistant Director – Membership, PATA HQLuzi Matzig, Chairman, opened ong>theong> meeting at 0945 hrs.1. ong>Minutesong> ong>ofong> ong>theong> ong>Executiveong> ong>Committeeong> ong>Meetingong> ong>heldong> on May 27 th , 2009The ong>Minutesong> ong>ofong> ong>theong> ong>Executiveong> ong>Committeeong> ong>Meetingong> were reviewed and approved.Luzi informed ong>theong> meeting he received a letter ong>ofong> resignation from ong>theong> ong>Executiveong> ong>Committeeong> from Vincent Tabuteaudue to ong>theong> fact that he now commutes between Phuket and Bangkok.The meeting approved that we will request Vincent to keep his position as Chairman, Green Projects ong>Committeeong> forong>theong> rest ong>ofong> this year.


22. ong>Committeeong> ReportsMembership ong>Committeeong>Nino Jotikasthira, Chairman, submitted a membership application from Phuket Book Now Co., Ltd. The meetingrequested that Blair will check up this company before we approve ong>theong>ir application.The meeting requested ong>theong> Secretariat to send out ong>theong> third and final letter ong>ofong> reminder to ong>theong> 11 memberorganisations with pending membership fees for 2009.Education ong>Committeeong>“Risk & Crisis Management in Tourism” on June 17 th , 2009 at Dusit Thani HotelJoan reported on this seminar –- Attendance - 50 persons- Attendance for ong>theong> Luncheon ong>Meetingong> - 70 persons“Travel Technology Seminar 2009”, July 15 th , 2009 at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, to be co-hosted byTourism Technology Association (TTA) and PATA Thailand ChapterThe PATA Secretariat will help to promote ong>theong> above seminar for which ong>theong> Thailand Chapter is ong>theong> co-host. KhunApichai informed ong>theong> meeting a Baht 700 handling fee will be contributed towards PATA Thailand Chapter.Khun Apichai informed ong>theong> meeting that this seminar to be co-hosted by ong>theong> two associations will be a trial run andif it is successful we will plan to organize more IT seminars as well as organizing an annual IT seminar.Khun Apichai invited ong>theong> ong>Executiveong> ong>Committeeong> Members to ong>theong> Launch Ceremony ong>ofong> TTA to be ong>heldong> on July 24 th ,2009 at Dusit Thani Hotel.“MICE Marketing Seminar”The meeting suggested that ong>theong> Education ong>Committeeong> should plan anoong>theong>r seminar for ong>theong> MICE Industry inSeptember when we will organise our next Quarterly Luncheon ong>Meetingong>.Ken suggested that we could also plan a seminar for ong>theong> media and now ong>theong>y handle crisis.P.R. ong>Committeeong>Ken informed ong>theong> meeting that he has sent out ong>theong> monthly e-product newsletter as well as our e-newsletter for ong>theong>members.The next e-newsletter in July will cover ong>theong> following –- “Risk & Crisis Management in Tourism Seminar”- ong>Meetingong> with Khun Weerasak Kowsurat on June 17 th- TTA Seminar on July 15 th- Bowling on July 24 th- MICE Seminar in September, 2009


3Ken suggested to ong>theong> meeting that we should invite Khun Suraphon Svetasreni, Deputy Governor, Policy &Planning, Tourism Authority ong>ofong> Thailand for a luncheon meeting so that we can get his support for PATA ThailandChapter to play an active role with this ong>theong> management ong>ofong> this centre. The meeting requested Ken to arrange thisluncheon meeting.Blair Speers ong>ofong>fered his support to recommend a new template design for ong>theong> e-product newsletter and 3-newsletterfor members.Industry Development ong>Committeeong>Khun Danai Wansom, Chairman, thanked M.L. Hathaijanok Kritakara for his efforts in organizing ong>theong> informalmeeting with Khun Weerasak Kowsurat, Chairman, TAT, this morning. He stated that it is such meetings whichwill improve ong>theong> image ong>ofong> PATA Thailand Chapter as being an association only for international tourism.Luzi suggested to TAT ong>theong>y should consider flying in international VIPs and he suggested Susan Boyle. Themeeting also suggested that ong>theong> visit ong>ofong> ong>theong> Liverpool Football team as well as Nadal should be highlighted in all ong>theong>media and advertising by TAT.A suggestion we made that ong>theong> latest internet media should be used to promote ong>theong> above programme as ong>theong> youngergeneration access ong>theong>se media before ong>theong>y make ong>theong>ir travel plans.Tourism Enterpreneur FundLuzi informed ong>theong> meeting that to date nothing has been done with this fund. He has tried to register his subsidiarycompanies for this loan without any success.Khun Danai informed ong>theong> meeting he attended a meeting recently when it was announced that ong>theong> Muslim Bank hasfunds available to be travel industry but ong>theong>y have asked ong>theong> local travel industry for ong>theong> criteria ong>ofong> companies in ong>theong>travel industry who should receive ong>theong>se loans so this matter is also pending.Marketing ong>Committeeong>Luzi Matzig, Chairman, informed ong>theong> meeting that ong>theong> 1 st circular on ong>theong> Bowling Tournament to be ong>heldong> on July24 th at 1800 hrs. has been sent to our members and to date we have 10 teams booked.The Secretariat will request our members to donate travel packages to be used as prizes for this tournament.Financial Report for June 2009In ong>theong> absence ong>ofong> Khun Kusa Panyarachun, Hon. Treasurer, ong>theong> Secretariat presented ong>theong> Financial Report for June2009.There being no furong>theong>r business ong>theong> meeting adjourned at 1100 hrs. The ong>Executiveong> ong>Committeeong> Members wereinvited to attend ong>theong> “Risk & Crisis Management in Tourism Seminar”.

More magazines by this user
Similar magazines