'FIELD STUDY GRANT'TERM OF REFERENCE (TOR)
1. Open to all researchers(Malaysian or foreign).2. The grant would be in the formof logistical support onLangkawi Island only whichincludes:1. 1 chauffeur driven car (day timeusage)2. 1 boat with skipper (day timeusage)3. 1 unit 3-bedroom guest house.ELIGIBILITY
3. LADA will help researcher toconnect with stakeholderswithin the island for datacollectingpurposes.(NGO’s, governmentagencies, hotels, & tourismproducts)4. A researcher (a group ofresearchers) can hold notmore than two (2) grants atany one time. The secondapplication can be submitted3 months after the completionof the first grant.ELIGIBILITY
5. Langkawi is regarded as thefield study and data collectioncenter, therefore, we wouldexpect the approvedperiod/tenure for logisticalsupport is 3 days & 2 nightsonly. If researchers requiremore than 3 days, 2nights, they should applyseparately.ELIGIBILITY
6. Research outcome must be inthe form of journal article /monograph / book and mustacknowledge LangkawiDevelopment Authority(LADA).7. At the end of the researchperiod, researcher is requiredto submit a final report forour reference.ELIGIBILITY
7. Researchers should submit an abstract email@example.com. (The maximumlength for all submissions is 2-A4 page(Times Roman 10pt), including referencesand appendices).Please include the title of the paper, author(s) name (only on titlepage), contact name, address, city, state, post-code, mobile number, and email address.Paper or abstract must be in the format of Microsoft Word (.doc). Noother formats (.rtf, .pdf, etc.) will be accepted.If your abstract/paper is selected to receive the grant, you will benotified in within 1 week.All travel arrangements must be made and borne by author (plan ontwo-night stay at minimum).Paper or abstract must be written in English or Malay only.WHAT NEED TO BE DONE
• Research report (focusing onLangkawi) will be published inreputable journals.• LADA and variousstakeholders gain knowledgefrom the research (able toimprove products and/orservices).• Spark interest for moreresearch on Langkawi.• Encourage Edu-tourismWHAT DO LANGKAWI GET ?
Should there be enquiries, kindly contact:AZMIL MUNIF MOHD BUKHARI (Mr)TOURISM DIVISIONazmil@lada.gov.my