3Hear the music like never before.Beats Audio technology was created to redefine what digital music playbackshould be. HP’s exclusive partnership with Beats Audio has resulted in a superioraudio system that reproduces the original sonic integrity of digital tracks, lettingyou hear the music the way recording artists intended.This new integrated campaign extends the Paparazzi theme. With strong newmaterials to broaden our message to an even wider audience, giving you thetools to successfully bring the experience of sound to our existing selling pointsof design, style.
5Mission1. Increase AWARENESS of HP’s premium brand positioning and the notebook line-up.2. Create CONSIDERATION for HP PC’s with Beats Audio.3. Reinforce PREFERENCE over competition.4. Drive to PURCHASE and generate sales.AWARENESS CONSIDERATION + PREFERENCE PURCHASE
6Why music and why BEATS?High emotional relevance“To the young and trend-orientedgeneration, listening to music, oftenwhile multitasking on their PC”A cool brand on the move“The Beats by Dr. Dre brand iswildly popular and one of thehippest brands today ”A unique PC technology by HP“True synergies with leadingPC technology and the globalPC market leader”A broader product story to tell“HP high margin & premium productportfolio with BEATS audio inside”Adding more emotion to HP message only HP PC‘s have BEATSAUDIO inside selling more high margin & premium products
1. Introduction81.INTRODUCTIONFollowing the successful implementation of PaparazziWave 1 across EMEA. This campaign has beendeveloped to follow a consistent look & feel as createdby wave 1 focusing on Q1 strategic business priorities:• Support high margin products• Focus on key differentiators (Beats Audio feature).• Increase emotional connection and relevance withtarget audience.The new HP Paparazzi Beats campaign a fullyintegrated marketing initiative to extend the coremessage for our notebooks range, together withTouchSmart. The campaign aims to bring theexperience of sound through Beats Audio together withour key selling points of design, style and mobility.Our message is strong: Only HP PC’s have BeatsAudio insideIn this campaign manual you will discover the fullsupport developed to support this message consistentlyend to end and hopefully will inspire you to build outlocally to ensure deep local relevance with both thetrade and consumers.All the deliverables developed by HP EMEA areEnglish master templates that can be localised andare provided to support awareness and demandgeneration activities.The templates are to be leveraged by countries andadapted to local marketing plans. In order for thecampaign to be consistent throughout markets, pleasefollow the guidelines contained in this manual.Although the general layout and creative elements maynot be modified during localisation, countries still havethe choice between several photography options, andcan modify the notebooks featuring in the campaign tobest fit their local sales and marketing objectives. Aswell alliance partners can be selected at a country level.Countries are supported by Tag and local PSGMarketing & Product category owners for thelocalisation process.
1. Introduction91 .1 HP PAPARAZZI BEATSThe overall objective is to support high margin productsthat contain the Beats Audio feature. However if amarket does not offer any of the Beats Audio productsthey can leverage assets from the Paparazzi Wave 1campaign and update them with new product images.MUSIC, LIKE NEVER BEFORE.Windows ® . Life without Walls .HP recommends Windows 7.Only HP PCs haveinsideGet closer to the music at hp.com/paparazzi© 2010 Hewlett Packard Development Company, L.P. All rights reserved. This system may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware and/or aDVD drive to install the Windows 7 software and take full advantage of Windows 7 functionality. See www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/ for details.
10PAPARAZZI BEATSCAMPAIGN2.OBJECTIVES2 .1 Campaign objectives2 .2 Product OBJECTIVES2 .3 audience
2. Campaign Objectives112 .1CAMPAIGNObjectivesPRODUCT FOCUSAs an extention to the Paparazzi Campaign, PaparazziBeats continues to focus on the premium (lifestyle)positioning of the collection Beats Edition Envy 14, Envy17, Pavilion dv7t and TouchSmart 600. The Beatscampaign showcases this range in a way that appealsto the customers’ lifestyle as well as to their expectationson HP reliability.BRAND OBJECTIVESCreate strong differentiation and perception of HPproducts in the PC market through an outstanding andspectacular E2E sales and marketing campaign. Raisebrand awareness by linking to the consumer’s lifestylein order to generate maximum in market impact forconsideration, preference and purchase.BUSINESS OBJECTIVESGrow HP Beats category through a fully integratedmarketing and activation strategy. The brand strategysupports the business objectives by creating impactfulmarketing campaigns driven by strong call to actions.
2. Campaign Objectives2 .2 productOBJECTIVES12The hp BEATS collectionAll HP Beats Audio PCs are digitally re-mastered byBEATS to get the best audio performance.This campaign has been designed to feature thecollection listed below. With the flexibility for you tohighlight any product from the range depending onyour local priorities:• Envy Beats Edition• Envy 14• Envy 17• Pavilion dv7t• TouchSmart 600
2. Campaign Objectives132 .3TARGET AUDIENCE“The Brand Techie”• Age group: Late 20’s to mid 30’s,• People in the know, confident, stylish, artistic, funloving, sophisticated.• Live in big cities, affluent and their culturalinspirations are: fashion, high design, art and travel.• They don’t worry about money, have an active sociallife and like to show off the cool items they carry as away to express their personality and status.• They aspire to own an Apple for what the brandrepresents, but they could be persuaded if this helpsthem to stand out of the crowd.• Technology mindset: “Styling and cool experiencesmake technology compelling. It’s a statement thatreflects who I am.”“The Tech enthusiast”• Age Group: 18 – 24• Early adopters of technology, students and youngurban professionals) more affluent than others, butmore mindful of price• They own a wide variety of gadgets and are the onlysegment that spends more time on their PCs thanwatching TV.• They plan purchasing more expensive PCs than theothers (and they can afford to), and replace themmore often – almost 60% of them own PCs that areless than 2 years old.• Technology mindset: “When I buy something it’s onthe cutting edge. It’s leading technology. It’s bestof breed”
14PAPARAZZI BEATSCAMPAIGN3.STRATEGY3 .1 HP Paparazzi beats campaign strategy3 .2 strategic concept - SELLING IDEA3 .3 CREATIVE CONCEPTS - STRAtegic architectURE3 .4 CAMPAIGN ECOSYSTEM3 .5 CAMPAIGN ACTIVATION
3. Campaign Strategy153. 1HP PAPARAZZI BEATSCampaign strategyThe HP Paparazzi Beats campaign is an extention ofPaparazzi which shows the HP notebooks to be thechoice of those wishing to stay connected when andwhere they need to. We continue to position HP as thechoice for people who are in-the-know and on-the-go,while demonstrating the key benefits of style andmobility in an engaging and contemporary manner,with the added focus of music.This campaign is a strong differentiator of HP productsin the PC market by placing HP notebooks in sexy,stylish, must-have situations to generate awareness,consideration, preference and ultimately purchase. Thecampaign creative places HP as the leader in design,experience and performance.
3. Campaign Strategy3 .2 Strategic concept –selling idea161. product2. Joint key messagesMusic / Style / Design / Fashion Mobile Lifestyle Experience3. selling concept: Beats Paparazzi‘Music, like never before.’4. Touch PointsATL – Public Relations – Online – Point of Sale – BTL – Social Media
3. Campaign Strategy3 .3 creative concept –strategic architecture171. consistent messageacross all touch pointsMUSIC, LIKE NEVER BEFORE.2. Photo Concept & Key Visuals3. BOdy Copy & TonalityBeats Audio was created to redefine what digital music playback should be.It’s a superior audio system that unlocks all the sounds that musicians andproducers have perfected in the studio.4. Call-to-actionOnly HP PC’s have Beats Audio Inside.Get closer to the music at hp.com/paparazzi5. Brand & Program compliance
3. Campaign Strategy3 .4 Campaignecosystem18Drive awarness and encourage maximum engagementthrought dedicated online platforms and conversion instoreor online.A fully integrated end-to-end campaign will moveconsumers along the purchase funnel and convert tosales. The goal is to drive awareness and encouragemaximum engagement through dedicated onlineplatforms. This engagement and preference buildingwill lead to purchase. This successful model of acampaign that supports consumers at all stages in thejourney will increase sales.awareness & Interaction engagement conversion‘Paparazzi beats’ Contents Paparazzi beats online Hubs1. ATL / OnlinePrint/OOHOnline bannershp.com experienceCRM/Newsletter & SEM2. PRSpecific press releasesCampaign photo contentsAdvertorial contentsPaparazzi ‘Making of’ (video, photos)Influencers, journalists, opinion leadersmicrositefacebookhp.com/paparazziHP StoreRetailersE-Tailers3. In-store experiencePOS Program/Visual merchandisingCo-advertisingDemo Days conceptfacebook.com/paparazzi
3. Campaign Strategy193 .5 1. Precreate buzzCampaignActivationabtlDefine GTM strategy by activation of maximum use ofcustomer touch points. Transcreate.2. Launchmaximise AwarenessabtlMake maximum use of Press and OOH for highestawareness building.3. Postdrive Consideration & SalesabtlContinue Press in performing titles and 6 sheet presence.onlinehp.com – Leverage hp.com takeover units fully for 2weeks of launch. Secure hp.com banners.Online – Define rich media activation.onlineMaintain medium takeover presence on hp.com. Deployrich media on core target sites.onlineMaintain minumum hp.com level of presence. Analysis ofonline effectiveness.prLeverage PR Toolkit to secure full editorial exposure.prBuild on PR Toolkit to drive continuous editorial and featuremomentum.prLeverage PR Toolkit to secure full editorial exposure.mediaDefine Media budget. Split between Press, OOH, Digitaland Social Media.mediaExecute print, digital and social media. Execute OOH vialarge scale ‘signature’ locations supported by 6 Sheet.mediaAnalysis of effectiveness.social mediaIntegrate Social Media options for deep customerengagement.social mediaLaunch ongoing customer engagement content onFacebook. Link to hp.com/paparazzi.social mediaRefresh Facebook content on a continual basis.semDefine budget and key words strategy for generic,seasonal and product specific SEM Plan.semDeploy aggressively throughout campaign period.semReview for generic, seasonal and product specificcampaigns. Analysis of effectiveness.eventsIdentify opportunities for guerilla ‘catwalk’ activities.Fashion Weeks, Premieres, etc.eventsGenerate maximum pre and post awaress to buildexcitement and generate incremental coverage.eventsUtilise Fall Event, Christmas and tactical opportunities.retailGain early exposure in prefered retail partners.retailExtend retail strategy to ensure maximum awareness toensure pull through.retailRefresh in-store where applicable with seasonal tactics.otherLeverage ‘making of’ videos. Trade and consumer.otherPlan HP Style Magazine for Fall Fashion weeks and Backto School key buying periods.
3. Campaign Strategy203 .5.1CampaignActivationWith today’s high cost in the media landscape andpossible constrains on marketing budgets, focusing onthe right touch points would be key for the campaignsuccess. Certain touch points require no mediainvestment and should be the prime focus for countryactivation. Strategic ATL media investments can beconsidered but maximizing the non-media investments(PR, trade marketing and internal online) should be thefirst consideration.Campaign prime focusPR Online Trade marketing Strategic ATL
21PAPARAZZI BEATSEXECUTIONAL4.COMPONENTS4 .1 Campaign Photography4 .2 Lead Creative concept4 .2.1 Guidelines Press 14 .2.2 Guidelines Press 2
4. ATL Executional Components224 .1CAMPAIGNPHOTOGRAPHYWe have eight campaign images for the Beatscampaign. All have rights purchased for all media withexception of broadcast (TV) in EMEA region for 2 years.All images are available with alternate products withthe exception of the image including TouchSmart 600.
4. ATL Executional Components234 .2.1Lead Creative CONCEPT –Guidelines press 1Headline: Music, like never before.This campaign has high level messaging only. Theheadline leads directly to the key differentiation line– Only HP PC’s have Beats audio inside.Windows ® . Life without Walls .HP recommends Windows 7.AllianceRecommendation. Tobe discussed as JMPprogrammeVisualSingle image and multiple tiled image executions tohelp ensure breadth of HP Beats Collection is fullycommunicated.IMAGEBeats style with image optionson Envy 14, dv7, Beats EditionCall to actionDrive customers to dedicated integrated campaignmicrosite and Facebook campaign hub where existing,to ensure maximum engagement options.Use ‘Get closer to the music’ as call to action copy.headlineLeveraging Paparazzi concept.HP Futura fontMUSIC, LIKE NEVER BEFORE.Only HP PCs haveinsideLogoGet closer to the to the music music at at hp.com/paparazzi© 2010 Hewlett Packard Development Company, L.P. All L.P. rights All rights reserved. reserved. This system This system may require may require upgraded upgraded and/or and/or separately separately purchased purchased hardware hardware and/or a and/or aDVD drive to install the Windows 7 7 software and and take take full full advantage of Windows of Windows 7 functionality. 7 functionality. See See www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/ for details. for details.
4. ATL Executional Components244 .2.2Lead Creative CONCEPT –Guidelines press 2Headline: Music, like never before.This campaign has high level messaging only. Theheadline leads directly to the key differentiation line– Only HP PC’s have Beats audio inside.IMAGEsVisuals tiled featuring HP withBeats Audio collectionWindows ® . Life without Walls .HP recommends Windows 7.AllianceRecommendation. Tobe discussed as JMPprogrammeVisualSingle image and multiple tiled image executions tohelp ensure breadth of HP Beats Collection is fullycommunicated.Call to actionDrive customers to dedicated integrated campaignmicrosite and Facebook campaign hub where existing,to ensure maximum engagement options.Use ‘Get closer to the music’ as call to action copy.headlineLeveraging Paparazzi conceptHP Futura fontMUSIC, LIKE NEVER BEFORE.Only HP PCs haveinsideLogoGet closer to the to the music music at hp.com/paparazziat © 2010 Hewlett Packard Development Company, L.P. All L.P. rights All rights reserved. reserved. This system This system may require may require upgraded upgraded and/or and/or separately separately purchased purchased hardware hardware and/or a and/or aDVD drive to install the Windows 7 software 7 and and take take full full advantage of Windows of Windows 7 functionality. 7 functionality. See www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/ See for details. for details.
255.PAPARAZZI BEATSABOVE THE LINE5 .1 PRINT5 .1.1 Print – Single Page5 .1.2 Print – Tiled Page5 .1.3 Print – Tiled Page5 .2 OOH – 6 Sheet5 .3 Advertorial5 .4 RADIO5 .5 FLASH bannerS5 .6 RICH MEDIA5 .7.1 Promotional Activity – Templates and Mechanism5 .7.2 Promotional Activity – Availability
5. Above the line265 .1.1 PrintSingle PageHeadlineMusic, like never before.VisualOne image with options on product placement(Beats Special Edition, Envy 14, dv7) environments.Call to actionUse CTA line driving consumers to hp.com/paparazziand Facebook hub.formatcreative descriptionavailabilityalliancelocalisation processA4 Single PagePublicisOctoberNot alliance approved. See alliance Section.www.hpmarketingzone.com
5. Above the line275 .1.2 Printtiled PageHeadlineMusic, like never before.VisualOne image with options on product placement(Beats Special Edition, Envy 14) environments.Call to actionUse CTA line driving consumers to hp.com/paparazziand Facebook hub.formatcreative descriptionavailabilityalliancelocalisation processA4 Tiled PagePublicisOctoberNot alliance approved. See alliance Section.www.hpmarketingzone.com
5. Above the line285 .1.3 Printtiled PageHeadlineMusic, like never before.VisualTiled images with options on product placement.Call to actionUse CTA line driving consumers to hp.com/paparazziand Facebook hub.formatcreative descriptionavailabilityalliancelocalisation processA4 Tiled PagePublicisOctoberNot alliance approved. See alliance Section.www.hpmarketingzone.com
5. Above the line295 .2 OOH – 6 sheetHeadlineMusic, like never before.VisualTiled images with options on product placement.Call to actionUse CTA line driving consumers to hp.com/paparazziand Facebook hub.formatcreative descriptionavailabilityalliancelocalisation process6 Sheet PosterPublicisOctoberNot alliance approved. See alliance Section.www.hpmarketingzone.com
5. Above the line305 .3 AdvertorialAn HP Notebook Collection advertorial can beleveraged to provide consumers more informationon the notebook range including HP Beats SpecialEdition, Envy 14/17, dv7t, TouchSmart 600.The content and imagery is meant to appear likeeditorial within a publication.formatcreative descriptionavailabilityalliancelocalisation process2 pagesPublicisOctoberNot alliance approved. See alliance Section.www.hpmarketingzone.com
5. Above the line315 .4 RadioThe Campaign Radio Script is available on MarketingZone. Radio Production can be ordered for yourcountry through Marketing Zone or directly in contactwith your Tag Account Manager. The translation willbe prepared and sent to you for approval. Tag willwork with you to choose suitable voiceover artists foryour country and will usually arrange the recording totake place at a venue where you will be able to attend.Direction will be provided by Tag specialists via atelephone link. Because of the process involved,reasonable time needs to be allowed for theproduction of the radio commercial and approval of itby Alliance Partners – from initiating the brief with Tagto supplying to radio stations will take a minimum of15 working days.formatcreative descriptionavailabilityalliancelocalisation processRadioPublicisOctoberNot alliance approved. See alliance Section.www.hpmarketingzone.com
5. Above the line325 .5 flash bannersThe Flash Banners will create awareness of thecampaign and drive traffic to the microsite. They areavailable in MPU, Skyscraper and Leaderboard format.formatcreative descriptionavailabilityalliancelocalisation processFlash BannersPublicisOctoberNot alliance approved. See alliance Section.www.hpmarketingzone.com
5. Above the line335 .6 rich mediaThe Rich Media runs as a 13 second edit of the ‘makingof’ video.formatcreative descriptionavailabilityalliancelocalisation processRich MediaPublicisOctoberNot alliance approved. See alliance Section.www.hpmarketingzone.com
©2010 Hewlett Packard Development Company, L.P. All rights reserved. *Terms and conditions apply. Ust lig nate eos es nullaw borum ea niminul luptio. Eles volut lac mestes int ipsus, nost atem lipore labor porataudisquidia velecum nate nonsequodita nus, unt hic to entiur, que prenim apit veleniatem enis aut es vit que volento restet eni officimporae debitae consequi officto invel id escimintiis dolorro reperfe renderum fuga.©2010 Hewlett Packard Development Company, L.P. All rights reserved. *Terms and conditions apply. Microsoft, Windows and the Windows logo are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. Ust lig nate eoses nullaw borum ea niminul luptio. Eles volut lac mestes int ipsus, nost atem lipore labor porat audisquidia velecum nate nonsequodita nus, unt hic to entiur, que prenim apit veleniatem enis aut es vit que volento resteteni officimporae debitae consequi officto invel id escimintiis dolorro reperfe renderum fuga.©2010 Hewlett Packard Development Company, L.P. All rights reserved. *Terms and conditions apply. Ust lig nate eos es nullaw borum ea niminul luptio. Eles volut lac mestes int ipsus, nost atem lipore labor porataudisquidia velecum nate nonsequodita nus, unt hic to entiur, que prenim apit veleniatem enis aut es vit que volento restet eni officimporae debitae consequi officto invel id escimintiis dolorro reperfe renderum fuga.©2010 Hewlett Packard Development Company, L.P. All rights reserved. *Terms and conditions apply. Microsoft, Windows and the Windows logo are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. Ust lig nate eoses nullaw borum ea niminul luptio. Eles volut lac mestes int ipsus, nost atem lipore labor porat audisquidia velecum nate nonsequodita nus, unt hic to entiur, que prenim apit veleniatem enis aut es vit que volento resteteni officimporae debitae consequi officto invel id escimintiis dolorro reperfe renderum fuga.5 .7.1 5. Above the linePromotional activitytemplates & mechanismsWindows ® . Life without Walls .HP recommends Windows 7.Windows ® . Life without Walls .HP recommends Windows 7.34PROMOTIONAL TEMPLATESPaparazzi Phase 1 & 2 Promotional Templates havebeen created based on the main campaign press ads.For Phase 1 a placeholder for an offer is added, forPhase 2 (Beats) product images and offer are included.PROMOTIONAL MECHANISMSThree ‘standard’ promotional mechanisms:CASHBACKTRADE-INBUNDLELIFE IS YOUR STAGE. PERFORM.Life moves fast, get connected at hp.com/paparazzi or findus on facebook.com/paparazzi. Now from HP, choose anyof these notebooks and get €75 CASHBACK.HP Pavilion dv6HP Pavilion dm4HP ENVY 17Entertainment PC Entertainment PC HP Mini 21021.10.2010 16:13 Twist 235LIFE IS YOUR STAGE. PERFORM.The new collection of HP notebooks has everything you need for life onthe move. Now from Verkkokauppa, choose any of these notebooksand get €75 CASHBACK. Visit vverkkokauppa.com/offerHP Pavilion dv6HP Pavilion dm4HP ENVY 17Entertainment PC Entertainment PC HP Mini 21021.10.2010 16:13 Twist 235Copy exists for all three mechanisms for Phase 1 andPhase 2. If you have a different promotion,work withyour Tag Account Manager to agree wording that isthe same length as the template copy.Windows ® . Life without Walls .HP recommends Windows 7.Windows ® . Life without Walls .HP recommends Windows 7.MUSIC, LIKE NEVER BEFORE.Only HP PCs haveinsideNow from HP, choose any of these PCs with Beats Audio and get €75 CASHBACK.*Visit hp.com/eu/offerMUSIC, LIKE NEVER BEFORE.Only HP PCs haveinsideNow from Verkkokauppa, choose any of these PCs with Beats Audio €75 CASHBACK.*Visit verkkokauppa.com/offerHP TouchSmart 600 PCHP ENVy 14Beats EditionHP ENVy 14 /HP ENVy 17HP Pavilion dv7HP TouchSmart 600 PCHP ENVy 14Beats EditionHP ENVy 14 /HP ENVy 17HP Pavilion dv726.11.2010 09:23 Twist 23530.11.2010 15:30 Twist 235
5 .7.2 5. Above the linePromotional activityAVAILABLILTY35PROMOTIONAL TEMPLATE AVAILABILITYThe Press Promotional Templates are available onMarketing Zone. They can run as pure HPcommunication with Call to Action to HP Store; orjointly, with a retailer, with Call to Action to the retailer.To transcreate Promotional Templates, contact yourTag Account Manager or order on Marketing Zone.Tag will work with you to ensure the correct productsand offer are featured and that the translation isapproved by you.PROMOTIONAL COMMUNICATION– OTHER MEDIAYou are not limited to Promotional Press. Any of themedia deliverables for this campaign (radio, onlinebanners, OOH etc.) can be adapted by Tag to bepromotional. Contact your Tag Account Manager todiscuss your requirements.
366.PAPARAZZI BEATSONLINE6 .1 microsite6 .2 edm6 .3 ‘Making of’ Video6 .4 Online Activation Guidelines6 .5 Online Campaign tracking
6 .1.1 HP.COM microsite6. OnlineImage 137The campaign microsite along with Facebook are thecentral hubs of the campaign and have been created todeepen engagement and drive engagement topurchase.HOME PAGEThe homepage of the microsite allows users to viewseveral campaign images featuring the Beats range.Clicking on any of the product images takes users to aproduct page containing specific product information.This page can also link to Buy Now allowing the userpurchase online.formatcreative descriptionavailabilityalliancelocalisation processFlash/htmlPublicisOctoberNot alliance approved. See alliance Section.www.hpmarketingzone.comonline activation See section 6.3.1online tracking See section 6.4
Papparazzi Beats Audio6. OnlinePapparazzi Beats AudioSpecial eDM386 .2.1 eDMStrip 450 x 141Strip 450 x 141Spotlight 395 x 153Spotlight 395 x 153formatcreative descriptionavailabilityalliancelocalisation processeDMPublicisOctoberNot alliance approved. See alliance Section.www.hpmarketingzone.comonline activation See section 6.3.3online tracking See section 6.4
7. Social Media396 .3 ‘MAKING OF’VIDEOA ‘making of’ video of the photo shoot has beencreated. This video is used in the campaign as a ‘bonus’on the microsite and to create buzz around thecampaign via Facebook and Social Media.The video is avaible as a 30 sec pre-roll or 2 minute fulllength edit.
6. Online406 .4 online activationguidelinesFor each campaign activation, full hp.com activation isrequired.When launching a campaign, it is a must to increasevisibility on hp.com by activating all basic HP.com assets.1. Microsite, hp.com banners and CRM Internal Onlineassets are developed by EMEA and require very lowcost to activate on a local level.2. When launching our (star) products, it is a must toincrease visibility on hp.com.3. It is very crucial to give high exposure to thiscampaign launched products by fully utilizing allexisting hp online platforms.
6. OnlineImage416 .4.1 HP.com Activation –MicrositeDedicated pages designed for a full product experience.Site focuses on products USP, accessories and a directlink to HP Store or eResellers, Retailers and HP Store inStore locator.OrderingTAG Marketingzone:http://taghp.tagworldwide.com/index.cfmprocessSelect the campaign microsite and order from the TAGsystem. The microsite will be translated and developedby TAG. You will receive translation for review and thesite will be made available for review on TAG (staging)system.ProcessRequest activation/publication by hp.com by logging aSprint#.www.hp.eu/sprintPlease request at this stage hp.com banners from hp.comas well!Available assetshp.com micrositeMicrositeActivationOnce approved TAG will provide you the full site forhp.com to publish.
6. OnlineHP.com units426 .4.2 HP.com Activation –HP.com unitsHP.com UNitsType: Special needsDimensions: 964x300A focus point for launching new star products. Must beactivated on a local level.Ordering & ActivationThe banners will be provided by EMEA PSG Consumerteam to EMEA hp.com for easy activation.ProcessRequest hp.com banners & activation by hp.com byrequesting publishing by logging Sprint#.www.hp.eu/sprintYou can order translation from TAG, activation isalways by hp.comTAG Marketingzone: http://taghp.tagworldwide.com/index.cfmAvailable assets• hp.com home page banners• Secondary hp.com bannersHP.com unitsHP.com unitsHP.com units181 x 93Music, like never before.Only HP PCs have Beats Audio inside.» Experience more.181 x 93181 x 93Type: Segment FrameImage Dimensions: 181x93Music, like never before. Music, like never before.Only HP PCs have Beats Audio Only inside. HP PCs have Beats Audio inside.» Experience more. » Experience more.Music, like never before.Only HP PCs have Beats Audio inside.» Experience more.Type: Segment B2Dimensions: 362x130Type: Segment FrameImage Dimensions: 181x93Type: Segment FrameImage Dimensions: 181x93Type: Promo halfDimensions: 148x55Type: Promo halfDimensions: 148x55Type: Promo fullDimensions: 148x110Type: Promo fullDimensions: 148x110Type: Promo halfDimensions: 148x55Type: Promo fullDimensions: 148x110Music, like never before. Music, like never before.Only HP PCs have Beats Audio Only inside. HP PCs have Beats Audio inside.» Experience more. » Experience more.Music, like never before.Only HP PCs have Beats Audio inside.» Experience more.
6. Online436 .5 Online CampaigntrackingUse JumpIDs for all your marketing activities anddifferentiate per placement!For your convenience, this campaign JumpID will beprovided to OMG centrally for local implementationfor following markets:BE, BG, CZ, CH, DE, DK, ES, FI, FR, IT, ME, NL, NO, PT,RU, SE, SK, TR, UA, UK, ZAHow to1. Use JumpID Generator to create JumpIDs:https://external1.collaboration.hp.com/external/campaign_tracking/default.aspx2. For the Websection ID section ALWAYS use ‘R11264’as value.How to get access to JumpID Generator?Web based tool available from outside the HP networkHP users: NT login and passwordPartner Agencies: BPIA (Business Partner InternetAuthentication). If you don’t have BPIA access then wecan offer you an alternate way access (PRACS).Please contact your account manager or Iulian Stefanica(email@example.com).TrainingFor inquiries and training please contact VasileGheorghiu (firstname.lastname@example.org) or contact yourlocal hp.com manager.3. Please use following campaign name: paparazzibeats
447.PAPARAZZI BEATSSOCIAL MEDIA7 .1 Social Media Toolkit7 .2 Social Media Assets
7. Social Media457 .1 SOCIAL MEDIATOOLKITThe Beats campaign provides further content which canbe shared via existing Paparazzi Facebook sites, socialmedia hubs and seeded on blogs to help engagecommunities and drive conversation. A toolkit isavailable with ideas on how to share assets andactivities that can help you drive buzz. It’s importantthat activity is measurable and that goals are set priorand tracked across the life of this content so that yoursuccess can be quantified.
7. Social Media467 .2 SOCIAL MEDIAASSETSAs outlined in the toolkit there are a range of assetswhich can be used in your campaign includingFacebook applications, videos and photography.Disco Friend Ball Facebook ApplicationThink You Know Music? Facebook ApplicationDr Dre Remasters the PC VideoDr Dre and Jimmy Lovine Video
478.PAPARAZZI BEATSPUBLIC RELATIONS8 .1 PR Strategy8 .2.1 Consumer lifestyle and marketingtrade PR toolkit8 .3 PR PHOTOGRAPHY
8. Public Relations488 .1 PR STRATEGYBuilding on the Paparazzi PR campaign, the PaparazziBeats campaign provides the opportunity to bring tolife how the range of PCs deliver the most compellingsound experience available today. The collaborationwith Dr Dre is unique and helps to differentiate HPproducts in the market today. A PR toolkit has beendeveloped which contains a number of ideas to helpyou plan media and influencer activity in your market.A range of media and influencers can be engaged viathe BEATS focus.MarketingPC Trade & RetailProsumerThe objective of the PR campaign is to:• Raise awareness that HP’s collection of PC’s withBEATS technology provide the most compellingsound experience available today• Secure perception changing coverage, moving theHP brand from functional to desirable, in consumermedia (both online, offline and via social mediachannels)Style & DesignMusic BloggersLifestyle
8. Public Relations498 .2 Consumer lifestyle andmarketing trade PR toolkitIn addition to providing an introduction to theintegrated campaign, this toolkit provides guidance onhow to leverage centrally created assets withinconsumer and marketing/trade media and makessuggestions of activities countries can create with localbudgets. Within this toolkit there is a press release,details of images, a media event in a box, mediaand influencer outreach ideas to help you buildrelationships with and secure coverage in media.
8. Public Relations508 .3 PR PhotographyLifestyle photography of all products with BEATS insideare available to download by Edelman agency teamsfrom Huddle and by HP staff from TAG. Please note,photography is for non paid for use, international forone year only.
519.PAPARAZZI BEATSTRADE MARKETING9 .1 Strategy9 .2 In-store9 .2.1 POS Benefits for Retailers & Customers9 .3 ENTRANCE9 .3.1 Window9 .3.2 Security Gate Cover9 .3.3 Roll-up Display9 .4 store-in-store9 .4.1 Accessory Bay Poster9 .4.2 Full Size Poster9 .4.3 Half Size Poster9 .4.4 A4 Product Panel9 .5 SECONDARY PLACEMENT9 .5.1 End Cap Display9 .5.2 A3 Product Panel9 .6 PRIMARY PLACEMENT9 .6.1 A6 Info Panel9 .6.2 Slide Panel9 .6.3 Product Sticker9 .6.4 Wobbler9 .7 SCREEN SAVER9 .8 POS TOOLS AND GUIDELINES9 .8.1 SIS9 .8.2 Linear Store9 .8.3 Merchandising Guidelines9 .8.4 Store Overview
9. Trade Marketing529 .1 strategyThe objective for the POS-activities is to bring thePaparazzi-campaign to life at the retail’s mostimportant touch points. The POS is the final decisionpoint of the communication journey of Paparazziimage and credibility that has been built up in the othercommunication channels. It is recognized at the retailand has to be transferred into sales.The overall objective of the activities is:1. Routing to the retail.2. Drive to sale.
9. Trade Marketing539 .2.1 In-storePOS Benefits for Retailers & CustomersBENEFITS FOR RETAILERSThe offer:HP notebooks with Beats Audio combining style andhigh fidelity audio equipment are placed in sexy, stylish,must-have situations to generate awareness,consideration, preference and ultimately purchase.HP is shown as the leader in design, experience andperformance.POS support:We provide retailers with an end-to-end solution and aselection of POS tools to communicate the ultimatefusion of style and audio engineering. With the varietyof different advertising packages you can provide thecustomers with a premium look and feel of thenotebooks, equally in your Store-in-Store and on theprimary shelf. POS tools will be suitable for all productswith built-in Beats Audio.BENEFITS FOR CUSTOMERS:Consumers looking for the newest and hottest trends indesign and technology do not have to sacrificeperformance and audio quality for style andconnectivity. They can look and live like celebrities atan affordable price and experience music the way itwas intended
9. Trade Marketing549 .3Entrance OverviewPlacement of the POS tools in the entrance area.1. Window Sticker2. Security Gate Cover
9. Trade Marketing559 .3.1entrancewindow stickerGlossy Window Sticker to be applied at the storewindow.Specifics• Dimensions: 3000 x 2000 mm• Material: FoilBenefits• Large size visual increases customer‘s awareness• Multi-coloured Window Sticker catches the eyesof passers-byhandling• Can easily be applied on the shop window by ESF
9. Trade Marketing569 .3.2entranceSecurity Gate CoverTwo-sided wrapping to be applied around theentrance’s security gate framesSpecifics• Dimensions: 1500 x 700 mm• Material: CardboardBenefits• Increases attention for the product directly whencustomers enter the store• Generates awareness in an uncommon place withlittle competition Handling• Simple application around the security gate framesat the store entrancehandling• Simple application around the security gate framesat the store entrance
9. Trade Marketing9 .3.3 Roll-Up Display57Raise customers’ awareness for the promotion.entrance’s security gate framesSpecifics• Dimensions: 85 x 200 cm• Material: PolypropyleneBenefits• Large-size visual to catch customers‘ attention• Increased awareness for the promotion• Increases traffic to the HP productshandling• Simply pull out the poster and place it prominentlynear the entrance inside your store.
9. Trade Marketing9 .4 OVERVIEW OF STORE IN STORE:581. Accessory Bay Poster2. Full Size Poster3. Half Size Poster4. A4 Product Panel
9. Trade Marketing9 .4.2 Full Size Poster60Tall poster with a large key visual to be attached atthe SiS wall elements.Specifics• Dimensions: 880 x 1061 mm• Material: TissueBenefits• Increases attention for the product• Consorts perfectly with the notebooks in front of ithandling• Simply replace the old Full Size Poster with thisnew one
9. Trade Marketing9 .4.3 Half Size Poster61Landscape poster to be attached at the SiS wallelements.Specifics• Dimensions: 919 x 548 mm• Material: Magnetic foilBenefits• Increases attention for the product• Consorts perfectly with the notebooks in front of it• Magnetic Foil allows easy attachmenthandling• Simply replace the old Half Size Poster with thisnew one
9. Trade Marketing9 .4.4 A4 Product Panel62Freestanding Product Panel with a premium andglossy effect which can be placed next to the product.Specifics• Dimensions: 210 x 297 mm• Material: CardboardBenefits• Increases attention for the product• Focus on product features• Premium look and feelhandling• Simply replace the old ones in theacrylic A4freestanding displays• Place it next to the notebook on either side• Develop your own Key Selling Points for eachproduct and have them printed onto yourProduct Panels• Picture has to be aligned with the picture of theSide Panel
9 .5 9. Trade MarketingSECONDARY PLACEMENTOVERVIEW63Composition of the POS tools at the End Cap.End Cap Display
9. Trade Marketing9 .5.1 End Cap Display64Freestanding Product Panel with a premium andglossy effect which can be placed next to the product.Specifics• Dimensions: 660 x 600 mm• Material: Plastic sandwich base, PS black glossytop, HPL Back PanelBenefits• End Caps provide an outstanding way to catchawareness• Replaceable Back Panel for presentation of otherproducts in the futurehandling• Simply change the Back Panel of your existingEnd Cap Display with this new one• Must be placed on the front of an End Cap• Should be placed prominently for premium lookand feel
9. Trade Marketing9 .5.2 A3 Poster65ONLY FOR HP BRAND STORESSpecifics• Dimensions: 297 x 420 mm• Material: CardboardBenefits• Increases attention for the product• Focus on product features• Premium look and feelhandling• Insert the poster into the acrylic backpanel of theFeature Table
9 .6 9. Trade MarketingPRIMARY PLACEMENTOVERVIEW66Composition of the POS tools in the notebook aisle.1. A6 Info Panel or2. Side Panel3. Product Sticker4. Wobbler
9. Trade Marketing679 .6.1 In-storeA6 Product PanelFreestanding Product Panel with a premium and glossyeffect which can be placed next to the product.Specifics• Dimensions: 105 x 148 mm• Material: CardboardBenefits• Increased attention for the product• Focus on product features• Premium look and feelHandling• Easy to set up with back leg and fixation mechanism(e.g. glue)• Place it next to the product on either side
9. Trade Marketing689 .6.2 In-storeSLide PanelSide Panel with a premium and glossy effect which canbe attached on the right side of the product.Specifics• Dimensions: 155 x 75 mm• Material: PVCBenefits• Increased attention for the product• Focus on product features• Premium look and feelHandling• Easy to apply with a fixationmechanism (e.g. glue)• Attach it to the right side of the screen
9. Trade Marketing9 .6.3 Product Sticker69Removable Sticker with a premium and glossy effectwhich can be applied on the product.Specifics• Dimensions: 80 x 20 mm• Material: Adhesive silver foilBenefits• Can be removed absolutely residue-free• Premium look and feelhandling• If necessary remove existing Stickers• For desktop PCs: Apply Sticker on the lower leftcorner of the PC, below the screen• For notebooks: Apply Sticker on the lower rightcorner of the notebook below the keypad and tothe right of the touchpad
9. Trade Marketing709 .6.4 In-storeWobblerWobbler with a premium and glossy effect that can beapplied to the top left corner of the screen.Specifics• Dimensions: 100x105 mm• Material: PVCBenefits• Adds 3-dimensionality to flat screens and thusgenerates extra awareness• Can be removed absolutely residue-freeHandling• Easy to apply with a fixation mechanism (e.g. glue)• Apply Wobbler on the top left corner of thecomputer’s screen as you can see in the picture
9. Trade Marketing719 .7 In-storeSCREEN SAVERScreen saver with Paparazzi-Making-Of adjusted to thespecific notebook‘s qualities.Specifics• Screen saver to run continuously on the notebookBenefits• Visually appealing screen saver increases attention• Presentation specifically adjusted to the producthighlightsHandling• Keep the notebook powered on with screen saverrunning permanently• To download the screen saver carry outthe following steps on the next slide2. Double click on the .exe file3. Right click on the desktop (any area clean of icons),select “Personalize”4. On the bottom right side select “Screen Saver”5. Select the Screen Saver titled “Paparazzi / BeatsProduct Demo”6. Set the waiting time to “1 minute”Note: The Screen Saver is in English. If you need alocalized version (funded locally), go to the Alrec websiteand order. As soon as it is translated, you can downloadit on from: www.outletcommunicationssystems.com/sis/How to get the Screen SaverYou are able to download and activate the PaparazziProduct Demo in 2 minutes by following thesesimple steps:1. Download the Product Demo fromwww.outletcommunicationssystems.com/sis/onto the desktop
9. Trade Marketing729 .8 POS TOOLSAND GUIDELINESPOS TOOLS & GUIDELINES
9. Trade Marketing9 .8.1 SIS73Mandatory
9. Trade Marketing9 .8.2 Linear Store74
9. Trade Marketing759 .8.3 MERCHANDISINGGUIDELINESIn-Store product placement retailer requirements:1. Place product in high frequency areas with ProductPanel OR Side Panel on the shelf.2. Power on with screen saver running permanently.3. Keep clean, fully functional and Windows®password protection always disabled to allowshoppers a great experience.Product PlacementProduct Placement on ShelvesScreen Saver
9. Trade Marketing769 .8.4 STORE OVERVIEWAttention-grabbing POS-material attracts customersinto your store.
7710.PAPARAZZI BEATSMEDIA10 .1 media objectives10 .2. Media Strategy10 .3 Media Implementation
10. Media7810 .1 Media ObjectivesContinue to establish HP’s leadership in the notebookcategory• Continue to act like a leader within the segment• Differentiate from the competitionEstablish HP as the leader in audio performance in thenotebook category• Hearing is believing with Beats technology• Allow the consumer to experience the product• Link with trend setters within musicContinue to raise awareness of HP’s style credentials throughtheir portfolio of desirable products• Continue to focus on fashionable and stylish environments• Associate with drivers of fashion trends
10. Media7910 .2 Media Strategy• To further increase HPs fashion and style credentialsconcentrate on building a connection with the targetaudience at the cutting edge of their lives• Majority on spend should be in the 2 mediumswhere the audience spends the most time – OOHand the Internet. Only plan stand out formatsto continue to build awareness and instigate higherconsideration.• Reach them whilst they are listening to their favouriteradio shows (digital or analogue) and extend radioactivity with possible sponsorships and events tocreate radical associations with HP• Associate with hip media brands to createpartnerships and memorable experiences that theaudience will want to share through their socialmedia networks.Print (15 %)Radio (20 %)Experiential (5 %)Digital (30 %)OOH (30 %)
10. Media8010 .3 Media Implementation15% Magazines – Single Page (TBC)Only high quality glossy titles to be selected to showcasethe stylish aspect of the productConcentrate on lifestyle titles, glossy fashion and moreavant-garde publications.Other types of content creation and partnerships highlyencouraged with local publishers, particularly within giftguide sections but also any pre-Christmas events thatHP could associate withNB : Niche music titles to be avoided.30% OOH – Formats TBCOnly superior poster sites to be considered.Choose districts where the stylish and mobile audiencecongregate – quality shopping locations for day andtrendy areas where they socialise at night.Possible ideas: choose bus stops with high dwell timeand provide an audio interactive experience toshowcase the new beats technology30% Digital – Static, Flash and Rich MediaMPU, Skyscraper and Leaderboard, ExpandableLeaderboard and MPU, Skins, Wallpapers &Page take-over : assets will be available tocreate impactful formats in local marketSelect fashion, lifestyle and music sites and drivemaximum awareness and consideration throughimpactful, impossible to miss formats.20% Radio – 30”Select radio stations more likely to appeal to trendsetting audienceCreate associations – sponsorships and in programmementions - with specific shows and DJs who areconsidered experts, who discover the next best bandsand set the new trends.Consider online streaming sites and develop bespokesolutions combining sound and digital formats5% ExperientialDiscuss possibility of partnering with radio station pre-Christmas events and parties, negotiate usage of theEnvy Beats laptop at these events, investigate thepossibility of getting people to try the productthemselvesUse these events to create material and copy to spreadvia HP social media networks.Incentivise the crowd to share the experience with theirnetworks to spread the word beyond the event.
8111.PAPARAZZI BEATSSEARCH ENGINEMARKETING11 .1 Strategy
11. Search Engine Marketing8211 .1 StrategyExtend existing Paparazzi Search Strategy to includecountry and language specific search objectives aroundcore Beats Audio messaging and music.
8312.PAPARAZZI BEATSALLIANCE GUIDE12 .1 Recommended Budget Split and Usage12 .2 Alliance Guide12 .3 Approval & Claiming Process for ATL
12. Alliance Guide8412 .1 Recommended BudgetSplit and Usage• Marketing Managers need to decide on total localmarketing budget planned to support the Beatscampaign: EMEA allocated budgets + local budgets.• According to final total budget, it is recommended tofollow the proposed split for all touch points.• Centrally provide budgets (MS Jumpstart) will only beavailable to support ATL activities (Print, OOH andOnline).• Events, Social Media, PR will need to be supportedwith local budget (we advise opex + Intel JMP)• You can follow the alliance guide to support you onthe process and recommended alliance.
12. Alliance Guide8512 .2 Alliance GuideCampaign deliverables in this manual can be activatedwith Microsoft Jumpstart and Intel IIP/JMP funds,depending on deliverable type and available budgets inyour market.ATL assets (Print, OOH, advertorials andonline banners.)• It is recommended to use MS Jumpstart budgets toactivate all ATL assets, compliant already.• As a second option local JMP funds can be used butwill require to develop a local JMP agreement withyour local Intel contact.• As a last resort market can activate assets with IntelIIP funds (only exception is outdoor, IIP is notapproved for outdoor in EMEA).BTL, Social Media, events, trade marketingand PR activities.Due to the dynamic nature of these activities localmarkets will need to work with local partners to check foralliances funding opportunities. We recommend to workwith Intel teams in your market to shape a local IntelJMP. Intel EMEA sent out a detailed message tomarkets asking them to support this._Approval & Claiming Process for ATL• For centrally managed campaigns:TAG’s Account Managers will liaise with you in orderto be able to provide GBS with all the documentsrequired for the approval process.• OMG central will be responsible to collect all backup documents and provide GBS with them forclaiming to be proceeded. This includes JMPprogram as well.For locally managed campaign:• For Intel JMP, OMG local will be the key contact for it.The campaign plan contains all back up documentsrequired for the JMP campaign claiming.• For all other alliance programs, TAG’s AccountManagers will liaise with you in order to be able toprovide GBS with all the documents required for theapproval process ;OMG central team is responsiblefor collecting all back up documents to send to GBSfor classic.How to initiate a local JMP program ?PSG Marketing Country or local campaign Managerswill lead the discussion with Intel local to get to a jointagreement. The joint agreement needs to be formalizedinto the campaign plan file. Intel local then needs tosend the plan to Intel EMEA for approval. The campaignCANNOT be executed WITHOUT the plan approvalsent to both and HP local via email via Intel EMEA Theapproved campaign plan needs to be sent to OMG or(other responsible agency) by HP campaign owner.Please contact:• Lydia Gray if any questions on Intel JMP process.• GBS Teams for both IIP approval and claiming.• Jumpstart GBS Alliance if any question on MicrosoftJumpstart compliance.
12. Alliance Guide8612 .3 Approval & ClaimingProcess for ATL
8713.PAPARAZZI BEATSPROCESSTO ACTIVATE13 .1 Process13 .2 Ordering an Asset for Transcreation viamarketing Zone
13. Process to Activate8813 .1 ProcessWhat we are doing centrally• Media plans: Budget and PO opened centrally(based on the figures communicated to each market).• Transcreation: Budget and PO opened centrally fortranscreation with TAG (based on a rough estimatethat we made centrally, final cost will depend onyour media plan).• Alliance funding: Done centrally and matched fromEMEA central Opex budget.What we need your support for• Media plans: Fine tune media plans/timings basedon the central strategy communicated to you andapprove them - (there will be a final central approval).• Transcreation: Work with TAG to approvetranscreation and ensure delivery of assetsaccording to your media plans.• Alliance funding: Follow guidelines and action points.
13. Process to Activate8913 .2 Ordering an asset for transcreationvia the Marketing Zone
14. Contacts91HPcontact name company/realated field contact detailsAgency Partnerscontact name company/realated field contact detailsHajo Blingen(Director ConsumerMarketing)HP PSG EMEAhblingen@hp.comAnne-Claude Wenger TAG email@example.comMohamed Zohny(Campaign Leader)HP PSG EMEAmohamed.firstname.lastname@example.orgDave King TAG email@example.comYves Van Knippenbergh(Online MarketingManager)HP PSG EMEAyves.firstname.lastname@example.orgRadim Kamenik TAG email@example.comLaurent Missri(Trade MarketingManager)HP PSG EMEAlaurent.firstname.lastname@example.orgStephen Guy Publicis email@example.comManuel Linning(PR Manager)HP PSG EMEAmanuel.firstname.lastname@example.orgNeil Henthorn Publicis email@example.comPascal Coulier(e-communicationManager)HP PSG EMEApascal.firstname.lastname@example.orgMatt Hurst Edelman email@example.comKate Caveney Omnicom Media Group firstname.lastname@example.orgCarlos Ramos Zed Digital email@example.comSebastian Liebern Stein firstname.lastname@example.org