• No tags were found...



HOW DO I MAKEA COMPLAINT?At the Student Loans Company (SLC)we always try to get things right firsttime. However, sometimes things cango wrong and you may not be happywith our service. If so, let us know andwe’ll do all we can to put it right.Queries can often be settled quicklyand easily by phoning us and speakingto one of our customer advisers.If you’ve spoken to an adviser and yourissue hasn’t been resolved, you canregister a complaint in any of thefollowing ways:By telephone*:0300 100 0601By email:customer_complaints@slc.co.ukOr, by writing to:Customer Relations UnitStudent Loans Company100 Bothwell StreetGlasgowG2 7JDMake sure you include your customerreference number when you contact us.You can complete a CustomerComplaint form to send with your emailor letter, this will help you give us theinformation we need to fully investigateyour complaint. You can download thisform at: www.slc.co.uk/contactFor security reasons, don’t includebank details in any emails you send.What happens next?We’ll acknowledge your complaintwithin five working days and ourdedicated team will investigate yourcomplaint and provide a responsewithin 15 working days.What if my complaint isn’tresolved?If you’re not satisfied with the responseyou can ask for a senior manager toreview your complaint. They’ll respondin writing within 15 working days of thisrequest.*Please note that to help us maintain security and quality of service, your call may berecorded or monitored.

And finally, if you're still unhappyYou can ask for your complaint to bereferred to our Independent Assessors*.Independent Assessors are independentof SLC and conduct impartialinvestigations into cases which haven’tbeen resolved by SLC’s internalcomplaints review process.Review by an Independent Assessor isthe final stage of the SLC complaintsprocess.If you remain dissatified with the outcomeyou may wish to seek legal advice onwhat options are available to you. Thismay include referring your concerns tothe relevant Ombudsman.If you applied for finance through StudentFinance England or your local authority inEngland you can ask your MP to referyour complaint to the Parliamentary andHealth Service Ombudsman.The Ombudsman will normally expectyou to have gone through the full SLCcomplaints process before they’llconsider your case.Which Ombudsman you contact is basedon who you applied to for your studentfinance and what kind of loan you have.Contact details can be found overleaf.The complaints processYou complainto the Student Loans CompanyResponse received from theCustomer Relations UnitIf this hasn’t resolved the issueComplaint passed tosenior managerAnd finally, if you’re still unhappyComplaint passed to the Independent Assessor orFinancial Ombudsman Service.*If your complaint relates to a mortgage-style loan (generally pre-1998) and you’re unhappywith our final response or haven’t received a final response within eight weeks of youroriginal complaint to us then you can contact the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Ombudsman Contact DetailsIf you applied to Student FinanceEngland or local authorities inEngland:Parliamentary and Health ServiceOmbudsmanMillbank TowerMillbankSW1P 4QPWeb: www.ombudsman.org.ukEmail:phso.enquiries@ombudsman.org.ukPhone: 0345 015 4033If you applied to local authorities inEngland and have mortgage-styleloans:The Financial Ombudsman ServiceSouth Quay Plaza183 Marsh WallLondonE14 9SRWeb: www.financialombudsman.org.ukEmail: complaint.info@financialombudsman.org.ukPhone: 0800 123 9123If you applied to Student FinanceWales or local authorities in Wales:Public Services Ombudsman for Wales1 Ffordd yr Hen GaePencoedCF35 5LJWeb: www.ombudsman-wales.org.ukEmail: ask@ombudsmanwales.org.ukPhone: 0300 790 0203If you applied to Student AwardAgency for Scotland (SAAS):The Scottish Public ServicesOmbudsmanFreepost EH641EdinburghEH3 OBRWeb: www.spso.org.uk/contact-usPhone: 0800 377 7330If you applied to Education andLibrary Boards in Northern Ireland:The Northern Ireland OmbudsmanFreepost BEL 1478BelfastBT1 6BRWeb: www.ni-ombudsman.org.ukEmail: ombudsman@niombudsman.org.ukPhone: 0800 343 424Student Loans Company 100 Bothwell Street Glasgow G2 7JDwww.slc.co.ukThis leaflet is available in large print and braille at:brailleandlargefonts@slc.co.uk or telephone us on 0141 243 3686.Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for accountsformed under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (amended 2006).ISSUE PPC 008 March 2014

More magazines by this user
Similar magazines