Making a Complaint
  • No tags were found...

You can contact the Energy Ombudsman where - British Gas

Making a ComplaintAt British Gas Business, we believe in personal service and old-fashionedcustomer service values.If there’s an issue with your account that we have not resolved to yoursatisfaction and you would like to make a complaint, please let us know sowe have the opportunity to put things right.

Resolving your complaintWho to talk to?Complaints procedure – Step 1Please call us on 0800 294 0015. We will do all we can to resolve yourissue straight away. The vast majority of complaints are resolved at thisstage.If we can’t resolve your complaint immediately, we will give you aUnique reference number and will acknowledge your complaint within5 working days of recording it.We aim to give you a full and straightforward response to yourcomplaint within 20 working days. If we need more time to look intoyour complaint, we will contact you regularly, by telephone if possible,to keep you informed of our progress.

Resolving your complaintWho to talk to?Complaints procedure- Step 2If you remain dissatisfied, please contact our Director of Customer Service either by by writing to:By post:Rachel VincentDirector of Customer ServiceComplaintsBritish Gas BusinessSpinneyside,Penman WayGrove ParkLeicester LE19 1SZAlternatively if you need to discuss your complaint face to face then youmay wish to visit us at our Leicester office. Please call 0845 608 0227to arrange an appointment.At this stage, if we are unable to reach a solution you are happy with, wemay send you a letter advising of our final position.

Independent reviewThe Energy Ombudsman is a free and independent organisation that workstogether with energy suppliers and consumers to reach a satisfactoryresolution to their complaint.If you are not happy with the way we are dealing with your complaint theOmbudsman may be able to help you with your issue and make an impartialdecision on the action required.If we can’t reach an agreement with you, we will send you a final offer letterknown as a deadlock letter. You may be able to seek independent advice fromthe Energy Ombudsman.The Energy Ombudsman may require us to take one or more of thefollowing actions; take practical action that may benefit you, offer anapology or explanation, or make a financial reward.

Independent reviewYou can contact the Energy Ombudsman where:– Your annual consumption is equivalent to or less than 200,000 KWHGas per year or 55,000KWH Electricity per year OR– You employ fewer than 10 employees (or full time equivalent) and anannual turnover not exceeding 2 million euros.If you decide to contact the Ombudsman, you must do so within 6 monthsof receiving a deadlock letter from us.You can also contact the Ombudsman if you have not received adeadlock letter from us, but 8 weeks have passed since you firstcomplained. You must do this within nine months of making yourinitial complaint.

Independent reviewYou can telephone the Energy Ombudsman between 9am – 5pm, Monday toFriday.Tel: 0845 055 0760Text phone: 18001 0845 051 1513By email: post: Energy OmbudsmanPO Box 966WarringtonWA4

More magazines by this user
Similar magazines