3 years ago



Long or serious exposure

Long or serious exposure to CO can lead to permanent brain damage or death ABOUT CARBON MONOXIDE Carbon monoxide (CO) is produced when a fuel is not burnt properly. This mostly happens with faulty boilers, gas fires, cookers or when a chimney or ventilation shaft is blocked. The six main symptoms of CO poisoning are: headaches, dizziness, nausea, breathlessness, collapse and loss of consciousness. The symptoms are often confused with a cold or the flu. If your symptoms disappear when you leave the house or are affecting other people in the home as well, you may have been exposed to CO. Long or serious exposure to CO can lead to permanent brain damage or even death. Around 40 people die from CO poisoning every year and a further 4000 people a treated in hospital. 4

FIT AN ALARM CO cannot be seen, smelt or tasted. The only way to know for sure that you are safe is by installing an audible CO alarm. They can be bought from DIY shops, supermarkets and high street shops and are available from around £15. It is a small price to pay to know that you are safe in your home. Once you have bought an alarm you need to install it correctly. Each alarm comes with installation instructions. A general rule is to place it around head height. It doesn’t have to be on the wall, it can also be on a shelf or bookcase. Do not place it on the ceiling or floor, within a meter of a boiler or by something which produces steam like a kettle. 5

Random Video Alarm - RunMob
Analog meters with alarms - Ime
GEA Security Alarms Systems
fire alarm\09tt06\fire alarm\09tt06-cover page e-1