GLOBAL IMPACT OF SOCIAL
September 4 th , 2016
• The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
• This challenge is an activity involving dumping
a bucket of ice water on someone's head to promote
awareness of the disease Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS,
known mostly in the US as Lou Gehrig's Disease) and encourages
donations to research.
• A blog post from the ALS Association revealed that $115
million was raised during the Ice Bucket challenge.
• Also more than 17 million people participated in Ice Bucket
• There are many different social media apps used for
entertainment. I believe the easiest one to use is Facebook no
matter the age.
• Facebook always you to share updates in your life using statuses,
pictures, and videos. You can share anything to your friends and
family with Facebook, you can stay updated with what your
family and friends are doing.
• Websites about the President or Presidential candidate are very
helpful with keeping up in political news.
• They provide information on where the candidate may be
holding conferences, speeches, and interviews. The websites
may also talk about where presidential candidates stand on
• An example for this type of website would be
DonaldJTrump.com, when you first get to his website you are
directed to a donation page. Websites are also used to receive
• The Science News and Discoveries app would be an example of
a scientific social media.
• This app can be viewed as important because it shares new
scientific discoveries, research, and interviews. It can keep
people involved in science and tell them what is happening in
the scientific world. You can also follow and be alerted on the
topics of your choosing.
• A helpful business app is Robinhood, a free stock trading app.
• Robinhood provides free stock trading for broking accounts. It
allows you to access market quotes and data, build a watch list,
and create a portfolio to track.
• It provides you with knowledge of increasing and decreasing
stocks and can make suggestions on when a good time to buy
stocks. It also provides account protection to its users.
THE EFFECTS OF SOCIAL MEDIA
• There are many positive and negative effects of social media
• Some of the negative effects include Cyber Bullying, Decrease in
productivity, and can also make us restless.
• Some positive effects include helping of business and marketing,
inspire and capture an audience for bloggers, it can also unite
people on a large platform to make a positive change in
SOCIAL MEDIA AND
• Social Media has been used in everyone`s life some point in time and if not
yet then soon.
• Social Media is growing and will always continue to grow. Technology and
Social Media is becoming so easy to use and be apart of that young
children from ages 4-8 are being able to become apart of something that
can be so dangerous in many ways.
• Social Media is used all over the world that internet and power is offered, it
will continue to grow in everyway, dangerous and not.