brought to you by
The freelance photography market has always been
resilient. It is expected to have a growth of 2.6% through
2016 and revenue of $10 billion in the US.
However, being a freelance photographer can be quite
hard. It’s been estimated that there’s been a 16% overall
decrease in the numbers of photographers on staff since
But with these tips and your own passion and talent for the
art, you’ll be a success in no time.
The pros & cons
The benefits of freelance photography include:
• working for yourself & the growth you’ll experience
• working in a pretty much unpredictable job
The disadvantages include:
• self-employment stress & overworking yourself
• expensive photography equipment just to get started
Your Business Plan
Your strategic business begins with:
• a competitive, well-researched business plan
• how to take care of financials with invoicing software
• how to determine prices for your photography
• how to create a perfect websitse
These are the most important parts you’ll need to start your
successful freelance photography career.
Your Marketing Goals
Your marketing strategy should focus on social media:
• use cost-effective traditional marketing methods
• overview the best platforms for your business
• find the right social media management tools
With the right marketing tools, you’ll be able to take advantage
of social media and draw in customers. Check out our guide on
How to Boost Your SME & Freelance Social Media Presence for
more great social media tips.
Like what you’re reading? Check out our free
ebook for more in-depth tips, analysis,
Free Ebook: The Freelancer’s
Guide to Photography
Make sure you have everything you need, such as:
• camera and lens hardware
• computer and color-accurate monitor
• memory card and external hard drive for backups
These are just a few of the many things you need, along with
your business basics and modern marketing strategy.
Read our full article by following the link below:
How to Become a
LEARN MORE ABOUT INVOICEBERRY’S
ONLINE INVOICING SOFTWARE
InvoiceBerry simplifies invoicing and expense tracking, helping you save your
time and money. You can create your first invoice in under 60 seconds.