How To Fix and Avoid
Printer Paper Jams
Here are the basic steps you'll to follow
correct the problem:
‣ Open all doors leading to the paper path. If you can't tell which door leads to the
paper jam, start by removing or opening the input tray and following the paper
path all the way to the output tray, opening every door or panel that you can find
along the way.
‣ Turn off the printer. If you're going to be working inside the printer, you don't want
any trouble with electricity or moving parts. And if you're dealing with a laser
printer, you also don't want the fuser to generate additional heat. If the paper is
jammed in or near the fuser unit (you'll feel the heat as you come near it), you'll
have to wait for the fuser to cool off before clearing the jam.
‣ Go to the link here
‣ Carefully pull out paper sheets and scraps. Check for paper sheets that are stuck or
askew, as well as for paper scraps. Pull Printer Paper Jams out of the path firmly
but very carefully and slowly. When possible, pull paper in the direction it is
supposed to go in under normal conditions--not backward, which could strain the
printer's mechanics. Take care to remove all of the paper: As any scraps that
remain could cause further jamming. If you have the misfortune of breaking a
mechanical piece in the printer, stop what you're doing and call for service.
Printer jams occur when the paper feeding through
the printer goes awry. Sometimes the printer
ignores the problem, soldiers onward, and extrudes
a crumpled mess into the output tray; on other
occasions, the printer stops in mid-on, and the
crumpled mess or part of it--remains trapped
somewhere inside the machine.
When a paper jam occurs, some printers flash lights
at you and scream for help. Others sense where the
jam is and provide guidance on clearing the
blockage. If your printer offers diagnostic advice,
follow it. Also, take time to check the printer's
documentation for help in clearing jams.
‣ Close all doors and turn on the printer. Once switched on, the printer should reset
itself automatically. If the printer reports that it is still jammed, double-check for
stray paper scraps, and then close all the doors again. If the printer continues to
complain, try turning it off and then back on. If the complaints continue, you'll
have to call for service--and hope that a deep-seated piece of paper--rather than
a broken mechanical part--is the source of the problem.
To avoid a jam next time:
‣ Use only one kind of paper at a time in your input tray.
‣ Whether you have a single input tray in your printer's driver or many input trays, tell
the printer what kind of paper you have in the tray: Most printer controls include a
section or drop-down list where you can pick a paper by name, type, thickness, or
‣ If you aren't sure whether your printer takes a certain kind of paper, check its
‣ When you reload your input tray, pay attention to the tray's needs, such as how the
paper should be loaded and whether the length or width guides need adjusting.
‣ With some patience and attention, you can probably overcome any printer problem that
vexes you--and avoid having the nightmare recur in the future. Here's how to address five
of the most common printer complaints.
‣ You can contact us for Epson Printer Repair. We provide reliable Epson Printer Repair
Services at an affordable rate.
For more information visit our official website:
Call us @ 1-800-610-6962