How to Fix a “Scanner Failure” Message Error when Copying, Scanning, or Faxing?
When trying to scan, fax or copy, a scanner failure message displays. Not able to scan, copy or send a
fax, it means that “scanner system failure” error displays. The error shows for scanner hardware or
power problems like a scanner bar jam or calibration fault, low scanner bulb temperature or an internal
or external electrical fault. It is not related to network or USB connection problems.
Step 1:- You need to reset the printing machine and check the power source properly.
You need to reset the printer to clear certain problem states by standardizing the scanner mechanism
and check the power source to make sure that the printing device is obtaining adequate power to
operate the scanner.
1. You need to press the power button to turn on the printing machine if it is not already on.
2. With the printing device turned on, unplug the power cable from the printer.
3. Remove the power cable from the power source and then wait for thirty seconds.
4. If you attached the power cable to multi-plug outlet adapter, you need to reconnect the cord
directly to a wall outlet to ensure the printing machine is getting adequate power.
5. Reconnect the power cable to rear of the printing device and turn on the printing machine.
If the error shows, you should make a test copy to make sure that error is solved.
Still, if the error shows, you should connect the printer power cord to a diverse wall
outlet decide if the original outlet is causing the difficulty.
Still, if the problem shows with a varied wall outlet, go to next step.
Still, if you have any technical trouble, you should contact online HP scanner support team to get instant
technical solutions from experts.
Step 2:- Must run the print and scan doctor-
Few scan error states could be solved just by running this automatic troubleshooting tool for Windows
1. Need to Go to HP Print and Scan Doctor to download and install the tool.
2. Click “Start” button on the Welcome screen, click on your printer name, and then click next to
continue to searching and resolving Problems screen.
3. Click on “Fix “scanning and follow anyone on-screen steps to fix the error.
Still, if the issue shows, you need to make a test copy to make sure the error is
If you are facing error again, you should choose next step. Plus you can connect with HP scanner
customer support number 1-855-461-5433 immediately for complete technical guidance.