How To Fix
When HP Printer Assistant Prompts To Connect A New Printer?
HP Printer Assistant, printing software that lets you set up your printer,
scan, order supplies, check ink levels, etc. The HP printers that were
introduced after 2009 have this in-built in them. Using the HP Printer
Support Phone Number, you can acquire detailed information about HP
printers and related software.
When the Windows is upgraded, the printer information in the HP Printer
Assistant gets lost. In this scenario, the HP Printer Assistant asks to connect
your printer as the new printer. To troubleshoot the problem, you can use
the guide provided further.
1. Reconnect The Printer
● Click on ‘Connect a new printer’.
● Next, select the connection type and follow the given instructions to
set up the printer.
● Turn the printer off and then restart your printer.
● Now turn on the printer and then open the HP Printer Assistant.
● If you are able to open the HP Printer Assistant, the issue has been
resolved. If not, then proceed to the next step.
2. Uninstall HP Printer Software
Before installing the latest driver, uninstall the HP print driver and software.
● Remove the USB cable from the printer, if required.
● Now, in Windows, look for Control Panel and open it.
● Click ‘Programs and Features’ and search for your HP printer name.
● In the list of installed programs, click on the name of your HP printer and
then click ‘Uninstall’ or ‘Yes’.
● Follow the rest of the instructions in order to remove the software
completely and restart your computer.
3. Reinstall The Latest Driver
● You can reinstall the latest driver from the HP website or from the CD if it has the driver
for your version of Windows.
● If required, disconnect the USB cable from the printer and you may be required to
connect for the installation of the software.
● Go to the Software and Driver Downloads page of HP.
● On the page shown to you, click Printer, type your printer model number and then press
● To change the operating system, click ‘Change’, select your version and then again
● Under the ‘Driver’ section, click ‘Download’ to get the full software package.
4. Restart The Devices
● Turn off the printer and then restart your computer.
● Turn on the printer and open the HP Printer Assistant.
● If the HP Printer Assistant is opening normally, the issue
is resolved otherwise you can dial the HP Customer
If none of the steps were helpful to you, you can get in touch with
the technical staff who are very efficient in fixing the issues with
HP devices. So a single call to the technicians via HP Support
Number is enough to get the best technical solution for your