2019 BlueView Digital


Office of Student



Mike and Josie Harper Center, 1100




The Office of Student Employment Office provides

support as you navigate the process of finding on-campus

employment. Part-time student workers play an important

role in helping departments on campus carry out their daily

work. Each year, more than 2,500 Creighton students help

meet their educational expenses by working both through

Federal Work Study and University-funded employment.

Student employees serve in a wide variety of positions from

intramural sports referees to health lab research assistants.

The Office of Student Employment connects students

to employment opportunities on campus primarily

through Handshake. Handshake is Creighton University’s

online career management system that offers many

benefits including a search function for on-campus

student employment, a mobile-friendly interface and a

personalized experience for students and employers to

connect for opportunities. Additionally, some on-campus

jobs are filled by word-of-mouth, so you should also

contact departments of interest directly.

Federal Work-Study

Federal Work-Study (FWS) provides part-time jobs for

students with financial need, allowing them to earn money

to help pay education expenses. Eligibility is based on your

FAFSA results.

If Federal Work-Study is listed as part of your financial aid

offer, you’ll need to:

1. Accept your financial aid offer of FWS in your NEST.

2. Submit your FWS agreement.

3. Apply for your preferred job(s) on Handshake

4. Complete the Online Federal Employment Eligibility

Verification form (I-9).

5. Report in person to the Office of Student Employment

to have your I-9 verified.

Federal I-9 Employment Eligibility

Verification Form

Federal law requires that you complete the I-9

Employment Eligibility Verification form before working.

The I-9 must be completed in person and requires proof

of eligibility to work in the United States This must be an

ORIGINAL document, so be sure to bring your passport,

Social Security card or birth certificate when you come

to campus. Photocopies or documents sent via email

or fax may not be used. Students cannot work until this

process is completed.


More magazines by this user
Similar magazines