PICOT Question Examples: the Best 30
Questions in One Place
When it comes to framing your questions for any evidence-based
research, the PICOT question examples can be the ideal option for you. You
need to design your nursing capstone project in a way that may help in finding
the most appropriate evidence. PICOT model allows you to cover all the factors
that can leave a significant impact on your research.
Letter P represents the Patient, Problem or Population. Letter I
represents Intervention. It usually consists of therapy or the medication you are
considering. C represents Control or comparison. This is where you compare the
effectiveness of different therapies and medications. O is used for the Outcome.
It usually leads to the results of something that you are investigating. T indicates
Time or Type. It means you need to set a proper time for completing the task.
If you carefully followed these elements while carrying out a Picot
nursing project, you’d definitely be able to achieve success. The best thing about
the PICOT model is that it allows you to find the best nursing capstone project
ideas. In this article, we are going to highlight the 30 best PICOT question
examples. We hope that you’d be able to understand the PICOT model after
reading the following information. Let’s take a look at the 30 best PICOT
30 Best PICOT Question Examples
Here is the list of questions you can select for the Problems of Neonate
and Young Infant:
1. Does the early skin-to-skin contact leave an impact on the baby as
compared to drying and wrapping?
2. Is vitamin K prophylaxis necessary for the prevention of vitamin K
3. Should we initiate body cooling to prevent death and sequelae in
neonates that need prolonged resuscitation?
4. Should we use third-generation cephalosporin monotherapy for
infants that are suspected of sepsis managed in health facilities?
5. Should we use plastic wraps for preterm neonates in health
facilities or go for conventional care in preventing hypothermia?
6. Is Kangaroo Mother Care an effective treatment for preterm
neonates or should we go for conventional care in reducing morbidity?
7. Is skin to skin contact more effective for preterm neonates
immediately after birth?
8. Can we prevent the progression of NEC in infants with the help of
9. When should we perform the options of exchange transfusion in
neonates with hyperbilirubinemia?
10. Does the use of immediate prophylactic antibiotics leave an impact
on neonatal mortality in newborn infants?
These are the questions that will help in creating an amazing Nursing
Capstone project. Now, let’s take a look at the PICOT question examples that
can be used for a cough or difficulty breathing.
11. For very severe pneumonia, what can be the most effective
antibiotic therapy in children aged 2-59 months?
12. For non-severe pneumonia, should we give antibiotics to children
aged 2-59 months?
13. For the treatment of non-severe pneumonia, what can be the most
effective antibiotic regimen in children aged 2-59 months?
14. For severe pneumonia, what can be the most effective antibiotic
therapy in children aged 2-59 months?
15. Can we treat wheeze and bronchoconstriction with the help of oral
salbutamol in children aged 2-59 months?
Here is the question you can use for Diarrhoea:
16. Can antibiotic regimen prevent death in kids that are suffering
from bloody diarrhea?
Here are a few questions that are associated with Fever:
17. What should be the dose and duration of parenteral antibiotics for
kids aged 2-59 months in developing countries?
18. Which antibiotics can prevent severe morbidity in kids that are
suffering from typhoid fever?
19. For chronic Otitis media, what should be the first-line antibiotic
treatment in kids aged 2-59 months?
20. Can antibiotics prevent complications and death in kids that are
suffering from acute otitis media?
21. Can local topical antiseptics treat chronic suppurative otitis media
in children aged 2-59 months?
22. Can we treat chronic otitis suppurative media with the help of
The list of PICOT question examples will be incomplete if we didn’t
mention a question about severe malnutrition.
23. Can antibiotics prevent death and sequelae in kids that are suffering
from severe malnutrition?
It’s time to take a look at the PICOT nursing questions that can be
helpful for supportive care.
24. Which method can be used to detect hypoxemia in kids that are in
25. What is the safest way of improving oxygenation in children aged
26. Which clinical signs best indicate hypoxemia in kids that are
suffering from lower respiratory tract infection?
27. What is the most useful way of starting and stopping oxygen
28. What can be the best cut off oxygen saturation levels for kids that
are having lower respiratory tract infection?
29. Is there any benefit of administering sublingual sugar in fully
conscious children with hypoglycemia?
30. What is the most appropriate choice of intravenous fluid in children
Tips for Nursing Capstone Project
When it comes to writing a nursing capstone project, you need to focus
on conducting in-depth research. You need to set several standards that may
help in conducting excellent research for the nursing capstone project. There is
nothing wrong with taking help from the seniors that have already gone through
this process. You may also check the samples of the previous nursing capstone
project to have an idea of how to write a perfect copy.
The nursing capstone project can be completed with excellent results if
you consider following the PICOT model. The 30 best PICOT question
examples we’ve discussed in this article will help in creating an excellent copy
for your nursing capstone project. Feel free to share your thoughts about the
question and tips we’ve shared in this article.
To find more information about PICOT questions follow
this link https://www.nursingcapstone.org/