Drunk drivers are the major hindrance to the smooth flow of traffic. Accidents may prove to be dangerous or sometimes fatal with these distracted drunk drivers driving on the road. Presently, with numerous states authorizing the utilization of weed, there is another peril to consider – truck drivers who are stoned. Truck drivers who drive while stoned represent an immense hazard to the majority of different vehicles around them.
How to spot the signs of a stoned truck driver?
Particularly since truck drivers operate the vehicles that are much larger in size and volume than their counterparts, the injuries caused in an accident can prove to be serious or in some cases perilous and fatal. Consequently, it's imperative to keep up your own security by seeing how to perceive a conceivably stoned truck driver. In contrast to an alcoholic driver, stoned drivers aren’t aggressive in driving, so the signs are different than that of an alcoholic driver. A couple of key signs to look for include:
• The pace of the driver is different than the other drivers on the road. The one who doesn’t follow a pre-defined speed limit may be stoned.
• The driver is changing his lanes often without an indicator may be a sign of a stoned driver.
• The driver who doesn’t follow traffic signals may be influenced by drugs.
What to do in case the driver is stoned?
On the off chance that you accept that you are in closeness to a stoned truck driver, there are a couple of things that you can do to limit the danger of a mishap and to endeavor to guard yourself. These incorporate yet are not constrained to:
• Remove yourself from the road by pulling off to the side or change the lane.
• Jot down the license number of the stoned driver’s vehicle.
• Report to the authorities and follow their instructions
When you've been harmed by a truck driver, it is a challenge to comprehend what further steps to take to secure your privileges. At the point when a truck driver abuses the law and drives subsequent to utilizing weed, vicitims deserve full pay for the medical costs, lost wages, and agony and enduring. It is essential to find out about your entitlement to remuneration in your particular case. Contact the accomplished group of truck driver attorney at Lafferty,Gallagher and Scott LLC to set up an opportunity to talk about your potential case.