To Viking Cottages
Welcome to Víking Cottages. This book
serves as a guideline to make your stay
in our cottages as pleasant and
comfortable as possible.
& practical information
• Please clean the BBQ with a
• Put the cover on the BBQ after
• Take the plastic off the dishwasher
• Keep glasses and bowls upside
• Please use the dishwasher
before leaving, and put everything
in its place.
• Please do not put the cutting
knives in the dishwasher.
• Wine: 8000 kr.
• Beer: 1000 kr.
• Please pay the
whale in cash.
- Password: Viking
- Username: Viking 15A
- Password: viking15a
• Bluetooth Speakers:
There is a button on the upper
right side of the speaker that
should have a blue blinking
button so that the speaker can
find your phone, if it blinks orange
then you need to push it.
• To lock the door, you need to
close it, lift the knob and then
turn the key.
• No Smoking inside.
• Be vigilant of humidity in the
• Please take your shoes off
• No parties, no events.
• No loud noices after 11pm.
• The hot tub is situated on the
patio beside the house where you
can enjoy the fantastic view.
• Please put the lid on the hot tub
• The controller is on the right side
of the bathroom door.
• To fill the hot tub, you press the
button on fill, below is the controller
for the water and heat, turn
on the water by turning on the left
side, you control the temperature
by turning on the right side, below
you see the temperature of the
water going in (40-42 degrees
should be comfortable) it fills up
in about 30 minutes.
• After use turn off the water and
• The washer and dryer are in a
cabinet in the bathroom (the door
furthest to the left).
• Please empty the water in the dryer
and clean the filter after usage.
The Goðafoss waterfall is one of the most spectacular waterfalls in Iceland. The
water of the river Skjálfandafljót falls from a height of 12 meters over a width of 30
Aldeyarfoss is one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Iceland, found within the
north highlands in the Skjálfandafljót river.
Dettifoss is the most powerful waterfall in Europe and most voluminous waterfall in
• Lake Mývatn
Mývatn is a shallow lake situated in an area of active volcanism, not far from Krafla
volcano. It has a high amount of biological activity.
Selfoss waterfall is located in Jökulsárgljúfur canyon, only one km south of
Dimmuborgir, or the Black Fortress, is a dramatic expanse of lava in the Lake
Hlíðarfjall Ski Resort
The hallmarks of Hlíðarfjall are high quality snow,
extensive cross country trails and exciting ski
slopes with breathtaking views of Eyjafjörður.
• Akureyris’ ski resort is just 5 km outside of
• Seven different ski lifts. A four seater chair lift,
four surface lifts, a ropetow and and conveyor
• Cross country tracks for all levels of skiers. 3,5
km. of the cross country trails are flood lighted
until 10pm which is groomed daily.
• There are 26 marked pistes on Hlíðarfjall that
are all in use when conditions allow.
• There are two cafeterias at the ski resort. Both
serving hot/cold drinks, a selection of hot/cold
food, home cooked soups and confectionary.
Opening hours vary depending on weather. Please
check the following page for updates and changes.
Diverse and elaborate menu, good food and good service.
The restaurant has great views overlooking the sea and
boasts a great balcony for a good summer day.
Aurora Restaurant is an a Hotel restaurant that aims to
use locally grown, fresh ingredients. The patio leads to a
lovely hotel garden, where the atmosphere is as great in
winter as in summer, because guests can sit around the
fireplace and keep warm under leather covers.
Indian Curry House
Indian Curry Hut is a family run, budget friendly indian
restaurant that offers take-away as well as seeting in
downtown Akureyri. Add a little heat to a chilly night with
a flavorful curry.
R5 Micro Bar
R5 Micro Bar offers a wide range of local and imported
beers. Often they have live music and tasting nights in a
cosy and intimate setting in the heart of Akureyri.
Tours & Activities
• Bjórböðin Spa
Bjórböðin spa is a beer spa with 7 bath tubs with beer, hops,
water and yeast made from Kambala wood.
• Salka Whale Watching
Family owned whale watching company in Húsavík.
Horse rental in Akureyri. They’re aim is to enjoy the
beautiful landscapes of the north on the back of a horse.
• Mývatn Nature Baths
Year around nature bath in Mývatn. Perfect to enjoy the northern
lights in winter and the midnight sun in summer.
Horse rental in Varmahlíð.
• Strýtan Whale Snorkeling
Strýtan offers snorkling and diving in unique underwater hydrothermal
chimneys in Eyjafjörður.
Akureyri is the second largest urban area after the capital area
of Reykjavík, with a population of about 19.000. Akureyri is
the centre of trade and services in northern Iceland. The town
offers a wide range of activities and interesting places e.g.
notable museums, the world’s most northerly botanic garden,
one of Iceland’s most popular swimming facilities, 18-hole golf
course, the best skiing area in the country, good hiking trails
and free city bus.
One stop shop for all your
grocery needs at affordable
At Hagkaup you will fine a wide
range of food, clothing, beauty
products, home furnishings
and leisure products.
Open everyday: 08:00-24:00
Akureyri swimming pool
The pool is open all year around. The
pool area includes two 25 meter outdoor
pools,water slides, splashpool, an
indoor pool, hot pots and a cold one and
a steam bath as well. All the pools are
heated by natural geothermal water. It’s
an absolute must when in the north!
Vínbúðin - Liquor Store
Íslandsbanki - Bank
Open from 09:00-16:00
On call doctors: 1700
Emegency number: 112
• Emergency services: police, fire and ambulance. Tel: 112.
• Directory Inquiries. Tel: 118.
• Police Station. Tel: 444-1000.
• Search and Rescue. Tel: 570-5900.
• International Directory Inquiries. Tel: 1811.
• Sjálfsbjörg (self-help) association for people with disabilities. Tel: 550-0300.
• E.R Emergency Room Landspítali Hospital. Tel: 543-2000.
• Dental assistance. Tel: 575-0505.
• Health Care Services (out of hours). Tel: 1770.
• Luggage storage. Tel: 591-1000.
• Lost & found. Tel: 444 -1000.
• For lost or stolen credit cards: Visa. Tel: 525-2000. American Express. Tel: 800-8111.
• For lost or stolen credit cards: Master Card & Diners Club. Tel:533-1400/550-1500.
Websites and apps that will help you in your adventure in Iceland.
Thank you for staying
at Viking Cottages
Thank you for choosing Viking Cottages as your
home away from home. We hope that you
enjoyed your stay and made great memories.
Your feedback is really important to us, so we’d
like to ask your for a quick favour.
We would appreciate it if you could take a few moments and
share you experience by writing us a review on Google +. You
would not only be helping us by spreading the word but
also improve our services.
Simply open the camera on your smartphone and hover over
the QR code and you’ll be directed straight to our review page.