ADP CS(A) 3 rd
How to Share a Folder Over Your Network
Need to share a file or folder to another device connected to your network? Transferring files
between machines requires just a few changes to your computer’s settings. In this beginner’s
guide, we’ll show you how to share a folder over your network whether you use Windows or
• Right-click on the folder you want to share.
• Select Give Access to > Specific people.
• From there, you can choose specific users and their permission level (whether they can
read-only or read/write). After making your selection, click Share.
• If a user doesn’t appear on the list, type their name into the taskbar and hit Add. You can also
share with Everyone.
• Click Share.
Highlights security constraints, nodes can access or not your
system without your permission.
You can grant permission for specific users other than user hacluster to manage a
Pacemaker cluster. There are two sets of permissions that you can grant to individual
• Permissions that allow individual users to manage the cluster through the Web
UI and to run pcs commands that connect to nodes over a network. Commands
that connect to nodes over a network include commands to set up a cluster, or to
add or remove nodes from a cluster.
• Permissions for local users to allow read-only or read-write access to the cluster
configuration. Commands that do not require connecting over a network include
commands that edit the cluster configuration, such as those that create resources
and configure constraints.
Setting permissions for node access over a network
To grant permission for specific users to manage the cluster
through the Web UI and to run pcs commands that connect to
nodes over a network, add those users to the group haclient. This
must be done on every node in the cluster.
In situations where both sets of permissions have been assigned,
the permissions for commands that connect over a network are
applied first, and then permissions for editing the cluster
configuration on the local node are applied. Most pcs commands
do not require network access and in those cases the network
permissions will not apply.