SUNLAND HOTELS SAFE PLEDGE
Sunland Hotels is delighted to welcome you to the Maldives. In the wake of the novel coronavirus
outbreak, we have enhanced our rigorous cleaning and disinfecting protocols at every step of your stay
The Sunland Hotels Safe Pledge combines our values of safety with our dedication to creating
memorable and poignant experiences for our guests. Underpinned by our dedication to environmental
sustainability and social responsibility, it is our commitment to creating a safe and comfortable
environment for all our guests and associates.
The full details of the Sunland Hotels Safe Pledge are available on our website.
Your Journey to the Maldives
• You will receive a pre-arrival check-in form in order for us to get ready with
• Please note that all travellers to the Maldives are required to wear a face mask
at the airport premises.
• Upon arrival, you will require the below documents at Immigration for your
• Resort Booking Confirmation
• Return Flight Tickets
• Proof of negative PCR Test in English, conducted within a maximum 96 hours
of prior to departure to Maldives
• All travellers to the Maldives will be temperature scanned at arrival, and
symptomatic individuals may be tested by the health authorities.
Your Journey to the Island
You will be met at the Arrivals
Hall by one of our Guest
Relations Officers who will assist
you with your onward transfer,
while maintaining a safe distance.
We request that you keep
wearing a face mask during your
transfer to the resort. You do not
need to wear a mask once you
reach the island.
All your luggage will be disinfected
using electrostatic sprays before
being loaded on to the boat.
Speedboats and life jackets are
disinfected in-between each journey.
For your comfort and safety, the
number of passengers on our
transfer boats has been reduced
to allow seating to be spaced out.
Upon your arrival at the resort, we will be
checking your temperature using digital
We will also be conducting daily temperature
checks at the restaurants.
Villa orientation can be provided upon request.
Wherever possible, communications have
been digitalised so that your holiday
experience is as seamless as possible. All our
dining, spa, and experience menus are
available to view through a QR Code.
You will be escorted directly to the room and
any remaining check-in procedures will be
Your luggage will be taken straight to your
villa after being disinfected again.
• Your room will be deep cleaned according to World Health Organization and local
authority guidelines and kept vacant for a minimum of 24 hours after the previous
• We have minimised the amenities in your villa in order to reduce high-touch points,
however these items are all available upon request. You can also indicate your
preferences on the pre-arrival check-in form or upon arrival.
• Our Housekeeping team will clean and disinfect your villa once daily. However, if
you have different preferences please do indicate this on your pre-arrival
• A welcome personal safety pack will be provided in your villa, including a bottle of
hand sanitiser, reusable cloth masks, and alcohol swabs for your accessories.
How We Protect You
We ask all our guests to follow hygiene etiquettes and physical distancing measures, the details of which will be
visibly displayed in public areas.
• Ultraviolet & Touch-Free alcohol-based sanitiser
dispensers are available for your use at all public areas.
• Complimentary hand sanitiser bottles will be provided
in the room.
• Our associates follow strict and frequent hand
• All our associates are trained to maintain appropriate
• Reduced and spaced-out seating in restaurants and public
ENHANCED & INNOVATIVE DISINFECTING
RESPIRATORY HYGIENE ETIQUETTE
• Reusable masks are available in your welcome
personal safety pack for you to use if you wish.
• Disposable masks are available for purchase.
• Digitalisation of Menus and compendiums.
• Use of Electrostatic Disinfectant Sprayers to ensure a
thorough and even application of disinfectant on all surfaces.
• High-touch points in public areas are cleaned and disinfected
• Strict and thorough measures in our back of house operations
to protect both you and our associates, such as the way we
handle laundry, procurement, maintenance and waste
• Spa services will continue with enhanced
cleaning and disinfecting measures, including
allowing for more time in between clients.
• We request that all spa appointments are
pre-booked as far in advance as possible, with a
minimum of 24 hours’ notice.
• We will be serving à la carte menus with select
live cooking stations while adhering to safety
• Private dining experiences are available for you
to enjoy at the comfort of your villa or out on the
• Group excursions will be carried out while
adhering to safety guidelines.
• Our extensive menu of experiences is
available for you to enjoy in complete
privacy. Contact front office to arrange
these private experiences.
• All equipment used in our experiences,
including diving and water sports, is cleaned
and sanitised after each use.
• We encourage guests to bring their own
snorkelling gear. Alternatively, snorkels are
available for purchase.
• All our dive centres have enhanced
disinfecting safety measures in place for the
premises and equipment.
Our Team is Prepared
• All our associates have been trained by NSURE, a leader in Health & Safety
practices in the hospitality industry. They have been trained in preventive measures
to help guide and protect you. Our associates are always on hand should you require
any assistance or information.
• An in-house trained medical officer will be present at all times at the resort.
• A dedicated Health Desk is located at the Reception area should you need any
• Our management team is prepared with isolation measures in place to protect our
guests and associates should there be any suspected cases.