oudenburg (belgium) - Partnerschaftsverein Limburg eV

partnerschaftsverein.limburg.de

oudenburg (belgium) - Partnerschaftsverein Limburg eV

24 août 1930. Avec ses 84 mètres, la Tour de l'Yser est le plus grand monument de la paix en Europe. On

trouve l'inscription « Plus jamais de guerre » dans les quatre langues des parties belligérantes sur le front ouest

pendant la Première Guerre mondiale (néerlandais, français, anglais, allemand).

Look at the Yser Tower in Diksmuide

The IJzertoren (Yser Tower) is a memorial along the Belgian Yser river in Diksmuide. There have been two

IJzertorens, the first built after the first world war by an organisation of former Flemish soldiers. On the night

of 15 and 16 March 1946 it was illegally demolished with dynamite; the perpetrators were never caught,

though there are strong indications of involvement of the Belgian military and former resistance fighters in an

atmosphere of post WWII repression. Several years later, a new tower was built on the same place. The

IJzertoren symbolizes the demand for Nooit meer Oorlog (No more War), written on the tower in the four

languages of the fighting forces in the area during the First World War (Dutch, French, English and German).

The rebuilt tower (84 m) is the highest peace monument in Europe.

Die Ijzerturm in Diksmuide

Nicht weit von Marktplatz entfernt befindet sich das Friedenstor, die IJzerkrypta und der IJzerturm, die

zusammen eine europäische Friedensdomäne formen. Dieser Turm beherbergt seit einigen Jahren das neue 22

Stockwerke umfassende Museum über Krieg, Frieden und Die Flämische Entmündigung. Erleben Sie dort

hautnah die Atmosphäre während des Ersten Weltkrieges, indem Sie Chlor- und Senfgas riechen und die

Angst während eines Bombenangriffs in den Laufgräben nachempfinden. Sie können auch selbst interaktiv am

Frieden mitarbeiten. Der IJzerturm ist 84 Mtr. hoch und bietet eine herrliche Aussicht über Diksmuide und die

Westhoek.

www.ijzertoren.org

4AD Diksmuide: een concertzaal met Europese steun.

4AD is een concertclub die deel uitmaakt van het Vlaamse Clubcircuit. De nieuwe concertzaal van de club

werd gebouwd met steun van het Europees fonds voor regionale ontwikkeling.

Page 9/27

More magazines by this user
Similar magazines