- How do we record your data?
- Certain data (usage data) is collected automatically. Most of this data is not person-based. The usage data is collected in that we record how you engage with our products and services.
- Types of personal data:
Data required (mandatory field) to enable use of the service is marked “*”.
|First name, surname
| Email address*, address, postcode, city, country*, language, phone number
| Email address for receipt, transaction date, amount, VAT, subscription period, method of payment (in case of payment by credit card: type of card, expiry date)
|Profile name*, password*, user/reader ID*
|IP address*, active sessions
|Date of birth, sex
|Media consumed, favourites, bookmarks
| Content of your communication/correspondence with the YUMPU News team
|Data entered by reader
| This covers all personal details which the reader can add to the user-defined fields.
- Transfer of data to third parties: we do not disclose your personal data to third parties, unless you have consented to this or we are authorised or obliged to do so due to legal and/or official or judicial requirements. We partially operate with external providers, who process your data in our name. These are carefully chosen by us and commissioned in writing. They are bound by our instructions and are regularly monitored by us. In doing so, we only transfer your data in connection with data processing. The third party may not use your personal data for his own purposes, and is obliged to protect the latter.
- Payment services
For payment processing, we use the support of payment services. Our payment service providers adhere strongly to PCI DSS requirements. The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) consists of a set of security checks which the companies are obliged to implement to protect credit card data and to comply with the PCI DSS. The requirements were developed by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council
, and are continually updated there. Your account information is transferred to our payment service providers. This occurs with the payment service provider under strict adherence to the contractual agreement in accordance with Art. 28 GDPR. The subscription management tool we utilise is certified according to both the EU-US Privacy Shield agreement and the Swiss-US Privacy Shield agreement. This agreement is designed to provide a higher level of data protection for non-EU companies. Further information can be found at: https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome
- Where do we process the information we collect?
- How can you access and update your personal data?
You reserve the right to access data which we store concerning you. You reserve the right to examine and update your personal data. If you have reason to believe that the personal data we keep concerning you is incorrect, please access your account and examine your data. You may also exercise your right to data portability pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your data in a commonly used, machine-readable format. At your request, if this is required for the provision of our service, or if you require help in using it, members of our team may also be allowed access.
- Protecting the personal data concerning you: we take great trouble to implement appropriate safety measures to guarantee the security, confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of the data disclosed by you. For this reason, we have set up technical and organisational measures (TOM), which are designed to protect the personal data we have received concerning you. Furthermore, we adhere to safety measures specified by applicable data protection regulations. This includes the requirement to safely store, use and release all information you have disclosed to us. We apply measures to protect your data from unauthorised access.
We deliver two types of newsletter:
- The first category includes ideas and tips (information, tips and hints), and product information (new features and updates). You have the option of managing these notifications in your account.
- The category of transaction emails includes important information (information about receipts and about chosen payment methods and transactions), which you require for use of our fee-based service. You cannot deactivate these emails.
- Application of cookies
i-Mag utilises cookies – small files with configuration data. They help to identify user-specific settings, and to implement special user functions. For further information on cookies, please go to our cookie guidelines.
If you are under eighteen, you must obtain permission from your parent or guardian. You may then use this service even if you are under eighteen. If we discover that we have collected the personal data of children under eighteen without consent, we take steps to erase the latter. If you are a parent or guardian, and you discover that your child has disclosed personal data to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
YUMPU News collects and stores data automatically in so-called server log files, which your browser transfers as a matter of course. We store the latter for up to a month, after which these are deleted. These are:
- browser type & version
- operating system used
- referrer URL
- host name of accessing computer
- time of server inquiry
- IP address
This data will not be combined with other data sources. Processing occurs pursuant to point (f) of Art. 6 (1) GDPR on the basis of our legitimate interest in improving the stability and functionality of our website. A transfer or sundry use of the data does not take place. However, we reserve the right to subsequently examine the server log files, if there are concrete indications of illegal use.
Our website includes links to other websites. As an operator, we are responsible for our own content in accordance with general laws. We take no responsibility for third-party content, recognisable via links provided for your use, and reject ownership of such content. We have no influence on whether the operators of other websites adhere to data protection regulations.
- Google Analytics
- This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA). Use occurs in accordance with point (f) of Art. 6 (1) GDPR. Google Analytics utilises cookies, text files which are stored on your computer and which allow Google to analyse your use of the site. The data generated by the cookie about your use of the website, such as the browser type/version, operating system in use, referrer URL (the site visited previously), the host name of the accessing computer (IP address), and the time of the server inquiry, are usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The IP address transmitted by your browser in connection with Google Analytics is not combined with other Google data. Also, on this website, we have added the code “anonymizeIP” to Google Analytics. This ensures that your IP address is masked, allowing anonymised collection of all data. In exceptional cases only, the full IP address is transferred to a Google server in the USA and truncated there.
The anonymisation of IP addresses was developed by Google so that this website can adhere to the valid data protection regulations and recommendations of local data protection authorities, in case the latter do not permit storage of the complete IP address. Anonymisation or masking of the IP address takes place as soon as the IP addresses arrive at Google Analytics’ data collection network, and before storage or processing of the data occurs. You can find more information on IP anonymisation at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2763052?hl=en
Google uses this information on our behalf to analyse your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity, and to provide us with further services in connection with website and Internet use. You can prevent the storage of cookies by setting your browser accordingly. We remind you that in this case you may not be able to use all features of our website to the full. Furthermore, you can prevent the collection by Google of data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (including the IP address) as well as the processing of this data by Google. To do this, simply download and install the following browser plug-in (http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
). Instead of using a browser add-on, especially with browsers on mobile terminals, you can prevent data collection by Google Analytics (cf. 3.1.3). Please find more information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics in the Google Analytics help (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en
- Google Analytics reports on demographic characteristics and interests: we have, in Google Analytics, turned on the advertising report functions. The reports on demographic characteristics and interests contain information on age, gender and interests. In this way, we can gain a better picture of our users without assigning this data to particular individuals. For more information on advertising functions, please go to https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3450482?hl=en&utm_id=ad. You can prevent the processing of activities and information of your Google account by ticking a box under “ads settings” at https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated.
- Google Analytics deactivation link: you may prevent Google from recording further visits to this website. Please note: by erasing cookies, using the incognito/private mode of your browser, or using another browser, data is collected once more. Deactivate Google Analytics. An opt-out cookie is set, which prevents the future collection of your data when using this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid for this browser, and only for our website. It is stored on your computer. If you erase the cookies in this browser, you will have to re-set your opt-out cookie (more information can be found at: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/?hl=en#disable).
- We have concluded a direct customer contract with Google for the application of Google Analytics, by accepting the “add-on for data processing” in Google Analytics. For more information on the Google Analytics data processing add-on, please go to: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3379636?hl=en&utm_id=ad.
- Visual Website Optimizer (VWO)
This website utilises the analysis tool Visual Website Optimizer, provided by Wingify (Wingify, 14th Floor, KLJ Tower North, Netaji Subhash Place, Pitam Pura, Delhi 110034, India), to find out more about user behaviour on this site, and to optimise the service for users. Only pseudonymised data is used or stored. If you don’t want Visual Website Optimizer to store data on how you use our website, you may object to its use. By using the opt-out link (https://vwo.com/opt-out/
) a cookie is set to block the analysis tool. This opt-out declaration is valid until you erase the cookie. The cookie is set for our website under the named domain, per browser and computer. If you access our website from numerous computers or with various browsers, we recommend you set the opt-out cookie for every computer and browser. You may at any time object to the pseudonymous storage of your visitor data with effect for the future (https://vwo.com/opt-out/
- On our website, we use Google Fonts by Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA). The use of Google Fonts takes place without authentication, and no cookies are transferred to Google Font API. If you have an account with Google, none of your account data will be transferred to Google during use of Google Fonts. Google merely processes the use of CSS and the corresponding fonts, and stores this data safely. Among the features of Google Fonts is an improved display of fonts, texts, characters and other elements. For more information and further queries, please consult https://developers.google.com/fonts/faq . For information on what data Google collects, and what this data is used for, please go to https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
- Google Tag Manager (GTM)
GTM is a solution with which marketers can manage website tags on an interface. The Tool Tag Manager itself (which implements the tags) is a domain without cookies. The tool triggers further tags, which may collect data. Google Tag Manager does not have access to this data. If deactivation has been performed at domain or cookie level, this remains in place for all tracking tags implemented by Google Tag Manager.
The IP address transmitted by your browser in connection with Google Tag Manager is not combined with other Google data. We have also made an adjustment in Google Tag Manager for this website so that your data is transmitted anonymously to Google. This ensures that your IP address is masked, allowing anonymised collection of all data. In exceptional cases only, the full IP address is transferred to a Google server in the USA and truncated there.
- Application of Google AdWords (remarketing/conversion tracking)
Our website uses the Google AdWords service. Google AdWords is an online advertising programme from Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA).
- We apply the remarketing function within the Google AdWords service. With the remarketing function, we can present users of our website with adverts based on their interests on other websites within the Google display network (on Google, on Google Ads or on other websites). In doing so, the interaction of users on our website is analysed, such as the offers the user is interested in, so that when users leave our website they can be provided with user-specific advertising on other sites. To achieve this, Google stores a number in the browsers of users who use particular Google services or websites in the Google display network. Via this number (cookie), the visits of these users are registered. This number enables clear identification of a Web browser on a particular computer, and does not identify persons; personal data is not stored.
- Within the framework of Google AdWords, we use conversion tracking. If you click an advert placed by Google, a cookie is stored on your computer for conversion tracking. After thirty days, these cookies become invalid and do not contain any personal data, and therefore do not identify persons. The information stored with the help of the conversion cookie is used to collect conversion statistics for AdWords clients who have chosen to use conversion tracking.
- To find out how to deactivate cookies, please check our cookie guidelines at: https://www.yumpu.com/news/en/cookie-policy.
You may prevent the storage of cookies for conversion tracking by setting your browser software correspondingly, but we must remind you that in this case you will probably be unable to use all features of our website to the full.
- Deactivating interest-related advertising
- When you deactivate the personalised advertising on the Web, the following applies: the advertising is no longer personalised by Google. You continue to see adverts on the Web, but they are no longer so relevant to you. You can no longer hide advertising. The advertising you see is probably based on the accessed website and on your general location.
- We continue to use Google Analytics to analyse double-click cookies and also AdWords for statistical purposes. If you don’t want this to happen, you can deactivate this via the Ads Preferences Manager (https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated?hl=en).
- Social log-in
- Facebook data protection notice
On this website, we use functions by Facebook, a social media network of Facebook Ireland Ltd. (4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbour, Dublin 2, Ireland). facebook.com is operated by Facebook Inc. (1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA). To see which functions (social plug-ins) Facebook provides, please read https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/
. When visiting our website, information may be transferred to Facebook. If you have a Facebook account, the latter can assign this data to your personal account. As a page host, we remind you that we receive no information on the content of transmitted data or on Facebook’s use of it. If you disapprove of this, please log out of your Facebook account. For data protection guidelines, showing what information Facebook collects and how it uses the latter, please consult https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
- Google data protection notice
On our website, we use features from Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA). To make full use of the available features, you require a Google account. Even when using the Sign-In button without a Google account, data is transferred to Google. If you are signed in to your Google account whilst using the aforementioned functions, depending on your settings on https://plus.google.com/settings/
your data will be published worldwide and collected and analysed by Google. You can find out what data Google collects, and what this data is used for, at https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
We communicate with our readers via email. If you have queries, we can offer help at short notice via email. Please contact the YUMPU News team under support(at)yumpu.com.
- Facebook integration
- Twitter integration
We transfer your Twitter direct messages to our @yumpu_com Twitter page to our Intercom inbox. In this way, we log all our reader correspondence in one place. This means the conversations in Intercom are shared with Twitter. You receive our answer directly in your Twitter message inbox. Here you can find the General Terms & Conditions https://twitter.com/en/tos
You have a fundamental right to access, rectification, erasure and ‘being forgotten’, restriction, portability, withdrawal and objection. If you believe that the processing of your data does not comply with data protection legislation or your data protection rights are otherwise violated, you may lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. You of course have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority or at our company headquarters in Diepoldsau. However, we ask you to first make contact with us. In this way, any misunderstanding or problems can be quickly and safely resolved.
- Data protection officer