Aston-Matthews is London’s leading Bathroom Specialist and has been in Essex Road, Islington - in
one form or another - since 1823.
As our bicentenary approaches we are reflecting on our company’s history.
Euston Road, c1950
Originally based in Euston Road, H P Matthews was the first Builders’ Merchants in London to hire
325 Euston Rad, 1892
John C Aston, first established in 1823, made the
coal-hole covers which can still be seen on Islington’s
Its present trading style commenced in 1966
with the amalgamation of two companies -
H P Matthews Ltd and John C Aston Ltd.
70 Essex Road, c1971
The company moved to its present site at
141-147a Essex Road in 1972 and in the late
seventies commenced a gradual shift away
from building materials to concentrate on
Today, Aston-Matthews offers the widest range of
new cast iron baths in Britain as well as traditional
and contemporary basins, WCs, shower trays and
enclosures, taps and accessories, all sold under the