COM 537 Final Exam Latest
1. What communication type avoids conflict and focuses on facts and details rather than the big
picture? They may be perceived by others as unemotional and nonchalant.
2. A criticism of social media is that it
is only available to the media savvy.
contributes to the decline in writing and language skills.
leads to separation of the haves and have-nots.
leads to information overload
3. In Korean culture, a business deal is dependent on contractual information as well as how the
parties perceive each other’s values and ethics. According to Edmund Hall, this behavior
exhibits the theory of
4. Your supervisor sends you an e-mail requesting an article for the employee newsletter about
company loyalty. You write the article featuring customers who are brand loyal. Later, your
supervisor criticizes you for not writing about the topic that he requested. After a face-to-face
meeting, you realize that he wanted you to write about employee loyalty. This is an example
of what type of noise?
Want more details? Download now COM 537 Final Exam
5. The head of the holiday party committee at your office is trying to set a location for the
event. The committee chairperson announces three choices for members to vote on. When
Erin hears that the Boar’s Tavern is one of the choices, her mind is made up. After all, the
restaurant is only a few blocks from her house. How would you describe her listening
6. Your supervisor has the habit of coming into your office and leaning over your desk to talk to
you. This situation is uncomfortable for you because you cannot move away from him.
According to Edmund Hall, this behavior exhibits the theory of
7. Which statement is true concerning the role of publics in business communication?
Publics, in general, remain constant despite changes in the environment.
Internal publics are usually not concerned with the communication style used by
External publics are not concerned with an organization’s public performance.
Publics can dispel rumors and build positive brand image.
8. A break-in at your company has resulted in the theft of various pharmaceutical products. The
head chemist, slated as the company’s designated spokesperson, is scheduled to appear at a
media conference. This course of action illustrates one of the steps in crisis communication
planning. Select the appropriate step:
Assessing the possible risk to the organization
Evaluating the effectiveness of your action plan
Identifying levels of vulnerability in your company
Implementing the action plan
Complete Answers just a click away COM 537 Complete Answer
9. In the management journal article about persuading customers that your boss recommended,
you read that your style of hard selling is not effective with young professionals. You begin to
question if you need to take a sales training seminar. This is an example of
10. Building strong coalitions among individuals or groups that have separate interests is called
11. When Joseph Kline, a U.S. citizen working for a bakery in Pakistan, is surprised that he will
have to work on December 25, Christmas Day, he is dealing with which component of the
transactional communication model?
12. Which of the following statements is true?
Semantics is the study of the meaning of words, phrases, and texts
Semantics is the study of how words affect the decision-making process
Semantics is the study of dictionary definitions
Semantics is the study of the use of words in persuasive communication
Quiz Answers just a click away COM 537 Final Questions And Answers
13. What affects how others perceive us and can adjust according to the situation?
14. What describes the occasion, time, and place of communication in the transactional
15. A beer commercial shows young people laughing while enjoying bottles of Mountain Beer in
a busy bar scene. According to Maslow’s hierarchy, which consumer need is targeted?
16. With the overload of information today, what does Smith (2010) state communication must
be to be noticed?
Familiar and consistent
Timely and thorough
Innovative and creative
Informative and detailed
To download the complete course check COM 537 Entire Course
17. “To provide the best health care for our patients at a reasonable cost” is an example of
a mission statement
a vision statement
a corporate objective
a strategic plan
18. In the process of behavior change, after people have detected the presence of a problem and
they see this problem as important, to what phase do they belong?
19. In the transactional communication model, who or what is responsible for composing a
message embedded with meaning from his or her world while considering the interpretative
resources that will be used to decode the message?
Effective message area
20. What is a tactic described by Lencioni (2010) to disarm clients and allow them to trust a
Prove detailed information
Be comfortable and naked with weaknesses
Promote strengths and past successes
Click here to download Complete Assignment of COM 537 Complete Assignment
21. In 2006, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts launched a new theme for its integrated global
marketing efforts. Which of the following was identified as an integrated marketing strategy
Disney used the theme “Year of a Million Dreams” in its publicity and promotional
Disney avoided the use of ads, contests, and sweepstakes.
Disney sent out several messages over a broad a spectrum of media to appeal to the
Disney positioned itself as a “transformational experience” to one specific age group.
22. What factor must be considered in designing an effective communication system?
The costs involved
The needs of the customer
The message delivery
The optimal combination of a message, source, channel, and an operating variable
23. You have been charged with writing a report on the progress of the integration of a database
between organizational units. Your supervisor says that she wants the report as soon as
possible. You spend your weekend working on the report in order to have it ready
by Monday morning. When you present the report to your supervisor, she says, “I am sorry
that you spent your weekend on the report; it wasn’t that urgent.” This scenario is an
illustration of a problem with what element in the transactional communication model?
24. In changing markets, communication tactics
are based on techniques used in traditional markets
use a combination of traditional and new media
do not require the use of conventional databases
are mass media-driven
Find the final exam answers here COM 537 Final Exam Latest.
25. In the 20th century, the public relations profession was reshaped by one of the following
The split of public relations functions from advertising agencies
The decline of mergers and acquisitions in big business
The rise of the patent medicine industry
The growth of electronic media
26. How does Lencioni (2010) describe “entering the danger”?
Addressing a client’s potentially explosive issues
Developing a new market niche
27. Good listeners generally concerned with everyone’s needs, maintaining relationships, and
avoiding conflict describes this communication style generally perceived as soft-hearted and
28. Suppose you are asked to discuss an American Indian ceremony. Perhaps you describe the
use of peace pipes, drums, feathered headdresses and dancing and chanting around a fire.
This information is an example of
forming a negative stereotype based on inaccurate information
assigning neutral traits stereotypes
“knowing” a group of people
using mediated information to add to your knowledge
Complete paper here COM 537
29. A manager informs her staff that there is a problem with office equipment abuse. She
suggests that each employee should come up with a list of ways to cut down on the repair
bills. The suggestions will be discussed at the next department meeting. Which of the three
leadership types outlined by theorists Lewin, Lippert, and White does this manager’s request
30. You notice that a colleague seems to be distracted from his work. You ask him if something is
wrong, and he replies, “No, I’m fine”. You ask him again, “Tell me what is wrong”? This is an
believing non-verbal clues over verbal language
engaging in interpersonal observation
altering communication cues
believing verbal over non-verbal messages
This article covers the topic for the University Of Phoenix COM 537 Final Exam
Latest. The author is working in the field of education from last 5 years. This
article covers the basic of COM 537 Entire Course from UOP. Other topics in the
class are as follows:
COM 537 Final Exam (Latest) UOP
Want to check other classes..?? Visit http://www.UOPehelp.com/