Welcome to issue six of Hopulist…
• Our guide to the craft beer scene in Birmingham
• Exclusive interview with Unity Brewing’s Jimmy Hatherly
• Inside the mind of Lervig designer Nanna Guldbaek
• Our pick of the best European Imperial Stouts out there
• How top writer Breandán Kearney got into beer
• Our picks of what beer is hot right now
• All the freshest beer merch to keep you looking slick
UNTAPPD RATINGS CORRECT AT TIME OF PUBLISHING WINTER IS COMING... SO TO GET YOU ALL IN THE MOOD WE’VE PICKED OUT ELEVEN FINE EXAMPLES OF IMPERIAL STOUT, ALL BREWED IN EUROPE, IN A BID TO GIVE YOU A FLAVOUR OF WHAT IS AVAILABLE. BECAUSE NOTHING BEATS LONG, COLD NIGHTS LIKE A BIG ROASTED STOUT WITH HINTS OF CHOCOLATE AND MARSHMALLOW. HERE ARE THE VERY PLEASING RESULTS...
X LERV|G PURE DECADENCE BARCELONA Style: |MPER|AL STOUT ABV: 10.3% Volume: 330ml UNTPPED.com RAT|NG: ●●●●● 3.84 WHAT THEY SAY: Developed over many trips to visit our friends at Lervig Brewing in Norway. This collaboration is dark & rich with a great roast, sweet flavor & alcohol back bone to balance it all out. Sit back enjoy and look down on it all with decadence. WHAT WE THINK: This lovely Russian Imperial Stout comes with a roasty espresso aroma that entices you in. It has a smooth, medium mouthfeel with no real lingering aftertaste. The flavours are dark chocolate, malt, coffee and a very slight bitterness. The beer has a kind of soft dryness that makes it very drinkable indeed.